Benefits & Features
- Supports natural tear production, healthy tear film composition and retention of eye moisture
- Provides the eye with essential fatty acids
- Promotes visual comfort
- Made with ultra-pure triglyceride-form Norwegian and Chilean fish oil and cold-pressed borage oil
- Convenient softgel capsule for easy dispensing
- Ages 18 and up
- Natural tear production and visual comfort
As a dietary supplement, take 3 softgel capsules daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
VisionPro EPA/DHA/GLA supports natural tear production, healthy tear film composition and retention of eye moisture. A cross-sectional study of 32,470 women demonstrated a significant association between omega-3 fatty acid intake and ocular surface hydration.1 Several randomized controlled clinical trials have indicated that fish oils provide significant support for healthy tear function and associated visual comfort scores. Specifically, EPA and DHA support the coating of fluid that covers the eyes. These omega-3 fatty acids are incorporated into the lipid layer of the eye to maintain its fluidity and viscosity. By supporting the functional properties of the lipid layer, EPA and DHA promote retention of water in the underlying aqueous layer.2,3 EPA and DHA also promote healthy prostaglandin and cytokine balance to help protect the secretory function of the lacrimal glands.4 In addition, VisionPro EPA/DHA/GLA provides 75 mg GLA per serving from cold-pressed borage oil. Several studies have demonstrated that GLA-rich oils provide unique support for mucin production, prostaglandin balance and healthy tear film characteristics.5
- Miljanovic B, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005 Oct;82(4):887-93.
- Kawakita T, et al. Biomed Res. 2013;34(5):215-20.
- Bhargava R, et al. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015 Jun;38(3):206-10.
- Schnebelen C, et al. Ophthalmic Res.2009;41(4):216-24.
- Kokke KH, et al. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2008 Jun;31(3):141-6; quiz 170.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations EPA/DHA products are molecularly distilled and microfiltered. They are sourced mainly from sardines and anchovies off the coasts of Chile or Norway. They have been tested for contaminants including heavy metals, dioxins and furans, PCBs, peroxides and anisidine
- Borage oil is a cold-pressed oil derived from the seed and produced without the use of solvents
- The proprietary antioxidant blend is derived from a combination of rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols derived from highly purified soybean oil and ascorbyl palmitate derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil