Vinpocetine 20 mg. 120's
Benefits & Features
- Supports cognitive function and cerebrovascular health
- Promotes healthy memory function
- Antioxidant properties may provide neuroprotection
- Naturally sourced from periwinkle leaves (Vinca minor L)
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cognitive support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Vinpocetine is an alkaloid synthesized from vincamine, a natural compound extracted from the leaves of periwinkle (Vinca minor L). This compound was first developed in Europe over 40 years ago. Vinpocetine is absorbed in the small intestine and then processed in the liver. Once in systemic circulation, vinpocetine is absorbed by tissues in the body and crosses the blood brain barrier.1 Studies initially reported that vinpocetine may provide neuroprotection via its antioxidant properties.2 More recent data show that vinpocetine supports neuronal function by modulating phopshodiesterase1 (PDE1) and promoting the actions of acetylcholine.3,4 In a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, 84 elderly subjects were given vinpocetine or a placebo over a period of 90 days. Results indicated that those supplementing with vinpocetine experienced support for cognitive function.5 An additional placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind multicenter trial of 203 individuals also suggested that vinpocetine significantly supported cognition.6 Vinpocetine also has the potential to support healthy memory, as indicated by a randomized, double-blind, crossover study.7
- Guly B, et al. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2002 Aug;29(8):1031-8.
- Horvath B, et al. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2002 Jan-Feb;25(1):37-42.
- Al-Kuraishy HM, et al. Brain Circ. 2020 Feb 18;6(1):1-10.
- Heckman PR, et al. Curr Pharm Des. 2015;21(3):317-31.
- Balestreri R, et al. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1987 May;35(5):425-30.
- Hindmarch I, et al. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 1991 Spring;6(1):31-43.
- Subhan Z, et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1985;28(5):567-71.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vinpocetine is derived from vincamine, a naturalcompound extracted from the leaves of periwinkle (Vinca minor L)
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose