R-Lipoic Acid (stabilized)
Benefits & Features
- Supports neutralization of free radicals and enhancing cellular activity
- Potential to provide enhanced antioxidant activity, cellular energy production and general metabolic function
- Provides a highly bioavailable form of R-Lipoic acid
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cellular energy and metabolic health support
- Antioxidant support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Sodium R-alpha-lipoic acid is a highly bioavailable and stabilized form of R-lipoic acid. Regular R-lipoic acid is heat sensitive and may polymerize extensively, decreasing its absorption significantly. In real-time stability tests, sodium R-lipoic acid remained stable for 12 months. The natural R isomer of alpha-lipoic acid may provide enhanced antioxidant activity, while supporting energy production and general metabolic function.1 Studies suggest that R-lipoic acid promotes glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle.2 A University of California Berkeley study indicates that R-lipoic acid may be protective against age-related oxidative stress in the liver.3 Furthermore, a study at Oregon State University established a potential role for R-lipoic acid in protecting the heart from age related oxidative stress.4
- Carlson C, et al. Altern Med Rev. 2007 Dec;12(4):343-51.
- Saengsirisuwan V, et al. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Sep;287(3):E529-36
- Hagen ™, et al. SEB J. 1999 Feb;13(2):411-8
- Suh JH, et al. FASEB J. 2001 Mar;15(3):700-6.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations R-Lipoic Acid (stabilized) delivers 100 mg of actual R-lipoic acid per capsule from 143 mg of synthetically derived sodium R-alpha-lipoic acid
- Sodium is from sodium carbonate
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose