Policosanol 20 mg. 120's
Benefits & Features
- Promotes endothelial function
- Provides antioxidant support
- Supports healthy platelet function and lipid metabolism
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsules
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cardiovascular health support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Policosanol is a mixture of long-chain aliphatic alcohols that naturally occur in sugar cane. Over a decade of short-term and long-term clinical research involving thousands of subjects reveals the efficacy, safety and tolerability of policosanol.1-4 Clinical research suggests that policosanol supports lipid metabolism and endothelial function, two independent determinants of cardiovascular health.4-7 Policosanol has also been shown to support healthy platelet function and may support healthy lipid metabolism in some individuals.4-8 Although its mechanisms of action remain unclear, preclinical data indicate that AMPK activation may contribute to its clinical benefits.9
- Crespo N, et al. Int J Clin PharmacolRes. 1999;19(4):117-27.
- St?ser R, et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1998 Sep;36(9):469-73.
- Casta' G, et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res.1999;19(4):105-16.
- Li C, et al. J Int Med Res. 2020 Jul;48(7):300060520936082.
- Askarpour M, et al.Complement Ther Med.Aug;45:89-97.
- Liu S, et al. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi.2012 Oct;40(10):840-3.
- Casta' G, et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 2002;22(3-4):89-99.
- Arruzazabala ML, et al.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2002 Oct;29(10):891-7.
- Nam DE, etal. J Med Food. 2019 Nov;22(11):1110-1117.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Policosinol is derived from sugar cane wax. Typical levels are 12-15 mg 1-octacosanol, 0-4 mg 1-triacontanol, 0.4-6 mg 1-hexacosanol, 0-2mg 1-tetracosanol, 0-2 mg 1-nonacosanol, 0.02-2 mg 1-dotriacontanol, 0.02-2 mg 1-tetratriacontanol and 0-0.1 mg 1-heptacosanol
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose