Vitamin D3 (vegan)
Benefits & Features
- Supports bone health by reducing urinary calcium loss and promoting intestinal calcium and phosphorous absorption
- Promotes overall cardiovascular health, in part by targeting cytokine balance
- Maintains healthy cellular function, including colon, breast and prostate cell health
- Supports healthy immune cell activation
- Offers organic vegan vitamin D3, certified by the UK Vegan Society
- 50 mcg (2,000 IU) per capsule
- Small capsules
- Individuals ages 4 and up following a vegan diet
As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules daily, or as directed by a health professional. Consume with food.
Science & Research
Pure Encapsulations vitamin D3 (vegan) is derived from organic algae. It is produced through a multistep process involving extraction, purification and concentration resulting in a vitamin D3 cholecalciferol with the same molecular structure and conformation as lanolin and fish oil-derived cholecalciferol. Research indicates that optimal vitamin D serum levels offer support for bone, breast, prostate, cardiovascular, colon and immune health.1-6
- Bischoff-Ferrari HA, et. Al. JAMA. 2005 May 11;293 (18): 2257-64.
- Garland CF, et al. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007 Mar;103(3-5):708-11.
- Schenk JM, et al. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2014 Aug;23(8):1484-93.
- Dobnig H, etal. Arch Intern Med. 2008 Jun 23;168(12):1340-9.
- Ahearn TU, et al. Cancer Res. 2011 Jan 15;71(2):413-23.
- Hossein-nezhad A, etal. PLoS One. 2013; 8(3):e58725.
It is recommended that individuals taking more than 50 mcg (2,000IU) vitamin D per day have their blood levels monitored. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.