Sereniten Plus 45's
Benefits & Features
- Supports restful sleep and relaxation without drowsiness
- Promotes healthy immune support during occasional stress
- Enhances positive mood, cardiovascular and cognitive function
- Contains Lactium®, a unique, clinically researched bioactive casein hydrolysate
- Clinically researched ingredients
- Ages 18 and up
- Restful sleep support
- Positive mood support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, between meals, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Science & Research
Lactium® is a unique, clinically researched bioactive casein hydrolysate containing a bioactive decapeptide (a polypeptide 10-chain amino acid alpha-1 sequence) developed to target stress-related symptoms.1 In a 30-day study, subjects who supplemented with 150 mg Lactium® daily reported statistically significant support for multiple stress-related effects, including digestion, mood, relaxation, sleep and cardiovascular and cognitive function.2 In studies where individuals or animals were exposed to mild stressors, supplementation helped moderate healthy heart rate and blood flow, as well as plasma cortisol. Cortisol is released by the adrenal glands during acute and chronic stress.3 In another study, Lactium® promoted the onset of sleep and healthy sleep quality.4 Healthy sleep quality has been associated with cognitive function and working memory.5 Sleep also has been tied to metabolic health, including mitochondrial function, visceral fat deposition, alterations in gut barrier function and changes in gut microbiota.6 Several studies have shown l-theanine to enhance alpha wave production in the occipital and parietal regions of the brain, helping calm the sympathetic nervous system for a relaxing effect without drowsiness.7 l-Theanine also helps maintain healthy IgA levels, suggesting support for immune health during occasional stress.8 Preclinical research suggests that vitamin D plays a role in promoting healthy immune and cardiometabolic biomarkers,9 and may support normal cortisol production within abdominal adipocytes at the cellular level.10 Vitamin D may be particularly important for individuals with certain genetic variations.11
- Lecouvey M. et al. Eur J Biochem.1997;248: 872-878.
- Kim JH, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007 Apr;61(4):536-41.
- Messaoudi M, et al. Eur J Nutr. 2005 Mar;44(2):128-32.
- Saint-Hilaire Z, etal. The Open Sleep Journal, 2009, 2, 26-32.
- Miller MA. Front Neurol. 2015 Oct 23;6:224.
- Asher G, et al. Cell. 2015 Mar 26;161(1):84-92.
- Nobre AC, et al. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8.
- Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45.
- Drozdenko G, et al.
Exp Dermatol. 2014 Feb;23(2):107-12.
- Al-Dujaili E, et al. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Aug; 7(4): 153?65.
- Perna L, et al. Epidemiology2013;24(1):104-9.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lactium® is derived from milk (hydrolysis of casein), sourced from cows in France not exposed to BSE nor fed GMO feed
- Suntheanine® L-theanine is produced from enzymatic fermentation
- Vitamin D3 is derived from the cholesterol in lanolin, the fat found in wool
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose