SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) 60's
Benefits & Features
- Supports methylation and glutathione production
- Promotes cognitive health and positive mood
- Enhances joint comfort, flexibility and integrity
- Provides support for neurotransmitter synthesis, cell membrane fluidity and healthy cell growth
- Provides enhanced stability SAMe
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cognitive and positive mood support
- Joint health and comfort support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine) is a metabolite present in all living cells. It functions as a donor of methyl groups in over 100 different reactions and contributes to the synthesis, activation and/or metabolism of hormones, neurotransmitters, nucleic acids, phospholipids and proteins.1 Methyl groups act as a signal throughout the body regulating genetic expression and cellular function. Healthy methylation is vital for cellular health, hormone and neurotransmitter production, and energy metabolism.2 SAMe also functions as a precursor molecule for glutathione and promotes polyamine synthesis to promote healthy cellular function. The polyamines spermidine and spermine maintain healthy cell growth and cytokine balance. Clinical trials indicate that SAMe administration enhances glutathione production in hepatic tissue and red blood cells.3 SAMe also supports cognitive function and mood. In a meta-analysis involving 25 controlled trials and 791 individuals, SAMe offered statistically significant support for positive mood.4 While the exact mechanism for this benefit has not been determined, it is believed that SAMe supports neurotransmitter monoamine synthesis and function, including dopamine and serotonin, through SAMe-dependent methylation reactions.5 By supporting methylation, SAMe promotesphosphatidylcholine production and cellular membrane integrity and fluidity.6 Multiple clinical trials indicate that SAMe supports joint comfort and flexibility.7 In a meta-analysis involving 11 studies, SAMe offered statistically significant support for joint function.8 In another 16-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving 56 subjects, SAMe offered statistically significant support for joint comfort. It is believed that SAMe enhances joint comfort and function by supporting proteoglycan synthesis, and by helping to stabilize and protect the proteoglycans.9
- Pfalzer AC, et. al. Physiol Genomics. 2014 Sep 1;46(17):617-23.
- Luo H, et. al. Plos Biology March 11 2019
- Loguercio C, et. al. Alcohol Alcohol. 1994 Sep;29(5):597-604.
- Bressa GM. Acta Neurol Scand Sup. 1994;154:7-14.
- Levkovitz Y, et. al. J Affect Disord. 2012 Feb;136(3):1174-8.
- Boger R, et. al. Circ Res. 2000;87-99-015
- Najm W, et. al. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2004; 5: 6.
- Soeken KL, et. al. J Fam Pract. 2002 May;51(5):425-30.
- Najm WI, et. al. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2004 Feb 26;5:6.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly if you have bipolar disorder or are taking antidepressant medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- SAMe is derived from fermentation
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Gellan gum is derived from Pseudomonas elodea