PureGenomics® Multivitamin 60's
Benefits & Features
- Supports optimal nutrient intakes for individuals with common genetic variations
- Supports methylation, which maintains healthy neurotransmission, DNA synthesis and gene regulation2
- Promotes macular and retinal health
- Supports overall wellness
- Provides vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K in highly bioavailable forms
- Includes Metafolin®, the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate
- Offers vitamin B12 as a unique blend of the two active isomers (adenosylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin)
- Part of the PureGenomics® product line
- Convenient one-capsule-per-day dosing
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Daily wellness
- Formula targeting common genetic polymorphisms
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
PureGenomics® Multivitamin is a once-daily multivitamin/mineral formula designed to address the nutrient requirements associated with common genetic variations. Activated B vitamins, including pyridoxal-5- phosphate, riboflavin-5-phosphate and the enhanced-retention thiamin derivative, benfotiamine. Methylation plays many roles including neurotransmission, DNA synthesis and gene regulation.1,2 Riboflavin is an essential cofactor for MTHFR, a genetically polymorphic enzyme that supports the methylation of homocysteine and other substrates as part of the methylation pathway. Individuals with the rs1801133 TT variant exhibited enhanced cardiovascular benefits from supplemental riboflavin in multiple clinical trials.3,4 Since the MTHFR T allele also reduces the activation of folate to L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), this formula provides 800 mcg of Metafolin® (L-5-MTHF), a naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate that does not require MTHFR for activation.5 PureGenomics® Multivitamin provides vitamin B12 as a blend of adenosylcobalamin and hydroxycobalamin to support both mitochondrial function and methylation.1,6 Choline is a critical methyl donor that plays important roles in neuronal maintenance and cognitive function.1 Certain genetic variations in MTHFR and PEMT, enzymes that play critical roles in methylation and choline synthesis, respectively, have been associated with increased dietary choline needs.7-9 Since many genetic variations influence vitamin D metabolism, transport and receptor function, PureGenomics® Multivitamin provides 25 mcg (1,000 IU) vitamin D to support optimal dietary intakes.10 Pre-formed vitamin A is also included to allow efficient assimilation of retinol in individuals with BCMO1 polymorphisms, which may reduce the conversion of beta-carotene to active vitamin A.11 Lutein and zeaxanthin are included to support macular and retinal health.12
- Glier MB, et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2014;58(1):172-82.
- Gropper SS, Smith JL, Groff JL. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 5th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth; 2009.
- McNulty H, et al. Mol Aspects Med. 2017;53:2-9.
- Horigan G, et al. J Hypertens. 2010;28(3):478-86.
- Prinz-Langenohl R, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009; 158(8): 2014â€“21.
- Kok, D.E.G., et al. Clin Epigenet. 2015;7, 121.
- Zeisel SH et al. J Nutr. 2011;141(3):531-4.
- Ivanov A, et al. J Am Diet Assoc. 2009;109(2):313-8.
Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin), If you are pregnant or lactating, or have any health condition, or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin A: synthetic
- Mixed carotenoids: Blakeslea trispora
- Lutein: marigold flower extract
- Zeaxanthin: synthetic
- Vitamin C: corn dextrose fermentation
- Ascorbyl palmitate: corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Vitamin D3 : cholesterol from wool fat (lanolin)
- Vitamin E: purified soybean oil
- Vitamin K1 : synthetic
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7): geraniol and farnesol flower extracts
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Niacinamide: synthetic
- Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B12 (hydroxycobalamin and adenosylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Folate (Metafolin® , L-5-MTHF): synthetic
- Biotin: synthetic
- Choline: synthetic
- Minerals: naturally derived from elemental ore
- Citrate: corn dextrose fermentation
- Glycinate and Orotate: synthetic