P5P 50 (activated vitamin B6)
Benefits & Features
- Active form of vitamin B6
- Supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Promotes healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems
- Facilitates the release of glycogen used in energy production
- Supports the production of antibodies and red blood cells
- Small capsules for easy swallowing
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Musculoskeletal and neurological health
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (P5 P) is an active metabolite and predominant circulating form of pyridoxine (vitamin B6 ). P5P is a cofactor for more than 100 enzymes.1 It is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters and works with folate and vitamin B12 in the metabolism of homocysteine and the formation of red blood cells.1 It is also required for enzymes that metabolize carbohydrates, fats,and proteins.1-3 P5 P facilitates the release of glycogen from the liver and muscles, which is used in energy production.1,4 In addition, P5 P helps to maintain the balance of sodium and potassium, which regulates body's fluids. This nutrient also promotes the healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.1,5
- Gropper SS, Smith JL, Groff JL. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 5th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth; 2009.
- Spellacy WN, et al. Contraception. 1972. 6(4); 265-273.
- Cohick PL, et al. EurJClinNutr. 2011;65,423-4.
- Lyon JB, et al. Biochim BiophysActa 1962;58(2);248-4.
- Robinson JD. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 1984 Jun;16(3):195-207.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations® P5 P 50 is synthetically derived
- Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
Size 3 caps
Bottle counts 60, 180
Order codes P56, P51
Bottle sizes 75 cc, 120 cc