Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy endothelial function
- Supports the methylation of homocysteine to methionine
- Helps maintain peripheral nerve health and comfort
- Includes Metafolin® , the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cardiovascular and neurological system support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6offer cardiovascular support by promotinghealthy endothelial function and methylation, a process that is critical for the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Methylation enablesthe synthesis of S-adenosylmethionine, an important methyl donor used in methylation reactionsin thecardiovascular and nervous systems.1-3 Methylation is thetransfer of a methyl group (CH3) from one molecule to another. This exchange enables the synthesis of neurotransmittersandcell membranephospholipids.3 Methylationalso regulates various aspects of gene expression and cellular function. Healthy methylation is vital for cellular health, hormone and neurotransmitter production, and energy metabolism.3 Optimal levels of B vitamins have been associated with neurologicaland psychological health.4 Folate is provided in this formula as Metafolin® , the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate. Metafolin® is chemically identical to the active folate metabolite, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF). L-5-MTHFis the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate in food. Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, it is directly usable by the body'sand provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations.5 Research suggests that folate and benfotiamine promote healthy endothelial function, vascular dilation and nitric oxide status, as well as help maintain healthy nervous system function and comfort.6 In a randomized, controlled study, benfotiamine supported healthy nerve conduction velocity and nerve comfort.7 In another trial, a combination of L-methylfolate, methylcobalamin and pyridoxal-5-phosphate promoted healthy epidermal nerve fiber density and nerve comfort.8
- Flippo TS, et al. Arch Surg.1993 Dec;128(12):1391-5.
- Schnyder G, et al. JAMA. 2002 Aug 28;288(8):973-9.
- Douaud G, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jun 4;110(23):9523-8.
- Groff JL, Gropper SS, Hunt, SM. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism.2nd ed. West Publishing Co., St. Paul MN, USA; 1995.
- Lamers Y, et al.Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jul;84(1):156-61.
- Stirban A, et al. Int J Vas Med. 2012. 1; 1-7.
- Winkler G, et al. Arzneimittelforschung. 1999 Mar;49(3):220-4.
- Jacobs AM, et al. Rev Neurol Dis. 2011;8(1-2):39-47.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Folate (as Metafolin® , L-5-MTHF)
- BenfoPure® benfotiamine and pyridoxal 5?phosphate are synthetic
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose