Benefits & Features
- Supports lipid metabolism and healthy hepatic function
- Contains sulfur, an important component of cartilage building blocks
- As a methyl donor, contributes to numerous physiological pathways
- May promote healthy cellular metabolism, enzyme activity and glutathione concentration
- May play a role in healthy pancreatic function
- An essential amino acid
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Liver and tissue support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 2-3 times daily, between meals.
Science & Research
L-Methionine is an essential amino acid that contains sulfur, which is an important component of cartilage building blocks such as proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans. Methionine is incorporated into tissue proteins and enzymes and is a component of active peptides, including methionine enkephalin and various endorphins. One of the main roles of l-methionine is as a methyl donor, contributing to numerous physiological pathways in the bodyincluding formation of myelin components. In the methylation pathway, methionine is converted to Sadenosylmethionine (SAMe), a methyl donor.1 Studies suggest that l-methionine promotes healthy cellular metabolism, enzyme activity and glutathione concentration.2 l-Methionine, like choline and betaine, is also a lipotropic compound supporting lipid metabolism and healthy hepatic function.3 In combination with antioxidants, l-methionine may also play a role in healthy pancreatic function.4
- Niculescu MD, et al. J Nutr. 2002 Aug;132(8 Suppl):2333S-5S. (review)
- NÃˆmeth K, et al. Acta Vet Hung. 2004;52(3):369-78.
- Oda H. J Nutr. 2006 Jun;136(6 Suppl):1666S-1669S.
- Uden S, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1992 Apr;6(2):229-40.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- L-Methionine is synthetically derived