Iodine (potassium iodide) 120's
Benefits & Features
- Supports the formation of thyroid hormones
- Promotes metabolic function
- Enhances mitochondrial activity and enzyme synthesis
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsules
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Thyroid health and function support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Iodine is absorbed by the thyroid gland and supports the formation of thyroid hormones.1,2 Thyroid hormones have the ability to cross cell membranes, thereby supporting all cells of the body.3 In the cell, they promote metabolic function by enhancing mitochondrial activity and enzyme synthesis, especially in tissues and organs such as muscle and the liver.4
- Gardner DF, et al. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf).1988 Mar;28(3):283-8.
- Pedersen KM, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.1993 Oct;77(4):1078-83.
- DeMartino GN, Goldberg AL. Proc Natl Acad SciU S A. 1978 Mar;75(3):1369-73.
- DeMartino GN, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.1978 Mar;75(3):1369-73.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations Iodine is from potassium iodide
- Iodide is derived from salt brine
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Each capsule typically contains 74 mcg potassium