Benefits & Features
- HyaMax® sodium hyaluronate provides a low molecular weight source of hyaluronic acid produced through fermentation
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Skin health and hydration support
- Support for joint function and comfort
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals, or as directed by a health professional
Science & Research
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring polymer found in every tissue of the body. It is particularly concentrated in the skin and in synovial fluid but decreases with aging. Many sources of HA consist of large molecular weight compounds that are too large to be absorbed in the intestines. HyaMax® sodium hyaluronate provides a low molecular weight source of hyaluronic acid produced through fermentation.1 In a pharmacokinetic study conducted in animals, orally administered HyaMax® hyaluronic acid was incorporated into joints, connective tissue and skin, with a particular affinity for cartilaginous joints.2 HA functions include attracting and retaining water in the extracellular matrix of tissues.3 For skin cells, this is essential for proper cell-to-cell communication, hydration, nutrient delivery, and waste and toxin elimination.4 HA also supports the skin by promoting healthy turnover and renewal of keratinocytes.5 For joints, HA is especially supportive of healthy lubrication and shock absorption.6 In vitro studies indicate that HA modulates prostaglandin production, which may contribute to its support for healthy joint function.7
- Volpi N, et al. Curr Med Chem.2009;16(14):1718-45.
- Balogh L, et al. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Nov 26;56(22):10582-93.
- Kajimoto O, et al. J of New Remedies and Clinics.2001. 50(5); 90-102.
- Park JU, et al. Tissue Eng. 2002 Jul;8(3):419-27.
- Meyer LJ, et al. J Invest Dermatol. 1994 Mar;102(3):385-9.
- Tashiro T, et al. Scientific World Journal. 2012; 2012: 167928.
- EngstrË†m-Laurent A, et al. Ann Rheum Dis.1985 Feb;44(2):83-8.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations Hyaluronic Acid is derived from fermentation
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose