Benefits & Features
- Helps maintain healthy blood flow
- Promotes healthy lipid metabolism
- Supports joint health, flexibility and comfort
- Unique vegan/vegetarian algae-derived EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids
- Offered in an enhanced stability vegetarian capsule to protect the oil from oxidation
- Ages 18 and up
- Cardiovascular and daily wellness support
- Joint health support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with a meal or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
This formula contains vegetarian EPA and DHA derived from the marine algae, Schizochytrium sp., offered in a vegetarian capsule. Omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA are both important for various functions throughout the body. Research indicates that higher plasma levels of EPA and DHA are associated with cardiovascular health, platelet function, joint comfort and cognitive health.1-5 Typical vegetarian sources of omega-3 include leafy vegetables, soybeans and flaxseed, however, these foods provide α-linoleic acid (ALA) with an inefficient conversion to EPA and DHA at 10% or less.6,7 Pure Encapsulations EPA/DHA vegetarian provides pre-formed EPA and DHA that do not require conversion for utilization.
- Tardivo AP et al. Climacteric. 2015 Apr;18(2):290-8.
- Tavazzi L, et al. Lancet 2008; 372:1223-1230.
- Kris-Etherton PM et al. Circulation. 2002 Nov 19;106(21):2747-57.
- Hill CL, et al. Ann Rheum Dis. 2016 Jan;75(1):23-9.
- Buydens-Branchey L, et al. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2008 Feb 15;32(2):568-75.
- Wijendran V, et al. Annu Rev Nutr. 2004;24:597–615.
- Burdge GC, et al. Br J Nutr. 2002;88(4):355-364.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- EPA and DHA are derived from algae
- Pullulan is derived from tapioca starch fermentation