E.P.O. (evening primrose oil)
Benefits & Features
- Supports the look and feel of healthy skin
- Promotes healthy prostaglandin E1 production and cytokine activity which may help support joint comfort
- GLA provides cardiovascular function support in women when combined with EPA/DHA
- May provide premenstrual comfort
- Source of the essential fatty acids including GLA
- Produced using cold-pressed process without solvents
- Convenient softgel capsule for easy dispensing
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy skin support
- Cardiovascular and joint comfort
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-4 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Evening primrose oil (E.P.O.) is cold-pressed and produced without the use of any solvents. Used for centuries as nutritional support for a wide range of physiological functions, several studies have indicated that E.P.O. may help support the look and feel of healthy skin.1 A clinical trial reported that E.P.O. supported healthy skin through a modulation of IFN-gamma.2 Another study revealed that E.P.O. promoted skin health and led to a more favorable shift in eicosanoid metabolism.3 Other studies suggest that E.P.O. may support healthy lipid metabolism and may provide oxidative protection by promoting glutathione reductase and transferase activities.4 A clinical trial reported that GLA in combination with EPA/DHA significantly promoted healthy cardiovascular function in women.5 Additionally, E.P.O. may potentially be supportive of premenstrual comfort.6
- Muggli R. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2005 Aug;27(4):243-9.
- Yoon S, et al. Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol.2002 Jan-Feb;15(1):20-5.
- Yoshimoto-Furuie K, et al. Nephron. 1999 Feb;81(2):151-9.
- Lee SJ, et al. Intern J Dairy Tech. 2007. 60(1); 22-30.
- Laidlaw M, et al. Am J Clin Nut. 2003. 77(1); 37-42.
- Pruthi S, et al. Altern Med Rev. 2010 Apr;15(1):59-67.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Evening primrose oil is a cold-pressed oil produced without the use of any solvents