CholestePure Plus 120's
Benefits & Features
- Promotes lipid metabolism in support of heathy lipid profiles
- Supports phytosterol intake and overall cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy lipid metabolism
- A unique blend of phytosterols, enhanced bioavailable berberine phytosome and clinically studied bergamot extract
- Provides enhanced-absorption berberine
- Soy-free formula
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy lipid metabolism and cardiometabolic support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Phytosterols are structural homologs of cholesterol that occur naturally in many plant foods. Over 30 years of research and 40 clinical trials suggest that phytosterols provide significant support for healthy lipid profiles.1 CholestePure Plus provides a unique blend of phytosterols, berberine and clinically studied bergamot extract to promote healthy lipid metabolism and overall cardiometabolic health. Well-established benefits of phytosterols on lipid balance stem primarily from competition with cholesterol for occupancy in micelles, particles that carry cholesterol across the intestinal epithelium into the systemic circulation. Through this mechanism, phytosterols promote excretion of cholesterol in the form of bile acids.2 Research indicates that the pine-derived phytosterols offered in this formula are comparable to phytosterols from other sources. Bergamot is a citrus fruit containing two newly discovered derivatives of the flavonoids, hesperidin and naringenin. These compounds are naturally conjugated to a moiety known as hydroxymethylglutarate (HMG). In the liver, this unique molecule binds and modulates an enzyme known as HMG CoA reductase, which plays a central role in lipid biosynthesis.3 These unique compounds also target enzymes, transcription factors and genes involved in lipid metabolism.
In a study involving 192 volunteers, bergamot juice maintained healthy cholesterol and lipid levels in the normal range over a 30-day period.4 In a separate study of 80 subjects, 150 mg of flavonoids from Bergavit® 40 bergamot extract supported healthy lipid and glucose profiles over a 6-month period.5 Berberine is an alkaloid that mediates the activation of AMP kinase (AMPK), a central regulator of cellular energy homeostasis. This master metabolic switch is involved with maintaining healthy cardiovascular function, and helps maintain lipid levels already within the normal range.6 A human pharmacokinetic study demonstrated that Berbervis® berberine phytosome is 4 times more bioavailable than a standard berberine formulation.7
- Chen JT, et al. Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Feb;25(2):171-83.
- Lau VW, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005 Jun;81(6):1351-8.
- Di Donna L, et al. J Nat Prod. 2009 Jul;72(7):1352-4.
- Mollace V, et al. (Unpublished data)
- Toth P, et al. Front. Pharmacol. 06 January 2016
- Ma X, et al. Front Pharmacol. 2018 Jul 27;9:782.
- Petrangolini G, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2021 Nov 27;2021:7563889.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- PhytoPin® phytosterol complex is derived from pine (Pinus pinaster).
- Bergavit® extract is derived from bergamot (Citrus bergamia) fruit and standardized to contain 39% flavonoids.
- Berbevis® is manufactured from Berberis aristata root extract
- Pea protein isolate is derived from Pisum sativum seed
- Lecithin is derived from sunflower
- Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis vinifera seed
- Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose