Calcium K/D 180's
Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy bone mineralization
- Supports healthy vascular elasticity
- May reduce the risk of osteoporosis**
- Di-calcium malate provides optimal absorption
- Offers a high elemental level of calcium plus vitamins K1 , K2 and D3
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients
- backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Bone and cardiovascular health support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Calcium K/D combines di-calcium malate with vitamins D and K for optimal bone support and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis**1 Di-calcium malate provides a high percentage of elemental calcium in each dose, fully chelated with the Krebs cycle intermediate malate for optimal absorption.2 Vitamin D promotes intestinal calcium absorption and reduces urinary calcium loss.3 A 7-year study involving over 30,000 women indicates that combined calcium and vitamin D supplementation promotes healthy hip bones.4 Vitamin K enhances bone formation by carboxylating osteocalcin. This enables osteocalcin to bind to calcium and promote healthy bone mineralization.5 Adequate intake of vitamin K1 and K2 may be especially important for optimal carboxylation in aging individuals.6 By activating matrix Gla-protein (MGP), vitamin K also helps maintain healthy calcium metabolism in vascular tissues, supporting healthy vascular elasticity.7
- Tang BM, et al. Lancet. 2007 Aug 25;370(9588):657-66.
- Aloia JF, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Mar;99(3):624-31.
- Pratibha C, et al. FASEB. Apr 2006.
- Jackson RD, et al. N Engl J Med. 2006 Feb 16;354(7):669-83.
- Braam LA, et al. Calcif Tissue Int. 2003 Jul;73(1):21-6.
- Knapen MH, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2013 Sep;24(9):2499-507.
- Braam LA, et al. Thromb Haemost. 2004 Feb;91(2):373-80.
Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly blood-thinning medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Calcium is derived from the lime of rock. Malate is synthetic
- Vitamin K1 is synthetic
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) is derived from flower extracts geraniol and farnesol
- Vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin
**When providing adequate calcium throughout life as a part of a well balanced diet.