Buffered Ascorbic Acid powder 227 g
Benefits & Features
- Antioxidant support for cellular health
- Supports the body's defense systems by promoting white blood cell function and antibody response
- Assists in iron absorption
- Promotes collagen formation
- Buffered ascorbic acid with minerals to create a neutral pH vitamin C
- Lessens possible gastric irritation for sensitive individuals
- Made with high-quality, vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Antioxidant and immune system support
- Vascular health support
- Suitable for individuals with gastric sensitivity
As a dietary supplement, take 1 rounded scoop (2.2 g) daily or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Buffered ascorbic acid combines calcium ascorbate, magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate to create a neutral pH vitamin C. This special form of ascorbic acid lessens possible gastric irritation in sensitive individuals. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and free radical scavenger with a wide range of functions.1-5 It supports the body's defense system by promoting white blood cell function and activity, interferon levels, antibody responses and secretion of thymic hormones.2 It is also essential for the formation and maintenance of intercellular ground substance and collagen.3 Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron, the formation of red blood cells and conversion of folic acid to active folinic acid.4 It also maintains healthy mast cell function and supports lymphocyte formation.5 Vitamin C is also required for the synthesis of carnitine and steroids.
- Abdollahzad H, et al. Int J Vitamin Nutr Res. 2009 Sep;79(5-6):281-7.
- Sasazuki S, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jan;60(1):9-17.
- N. Boyera et al. Int J Cosmetic Science. 25 Dec 2001.
- Walczyk T, et al. J Nutr. 2014 Nov;144(11):1703-9.
- Sureda A, et al. Ann Nutr Metab. 2008;52(3):233-40.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Ascorbic acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- The minerals in this formula are naturally derived from elemental ore