Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy cytokine activity and joint function
- Supports skin appearance
- Contains 20% gamma-linolenic acid, the highest GLA content of any plant source
- Cold-pressed solvent-free oil
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy joint and skin support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-4 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Studies have indicated that GLA promotes healthyprostaglandin E1 (PGE1) production, which helps tosupport healthy joint function. Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, reported that GLA helps support healthy cytokine activity, a mechanism that may be linked to both immune system support and joint health.1,2 A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial reported statistically significant support for joint health in subjects supplementing with GLA from borage seed oil.3 PGE1 has also been associated with supporting and soothing the skin when used topically or taken orally.4
- Leventhal LJ, et. al. Ann Intern Med. 1993 Nov 1;119(9):867-73.
- Furse RK, et. al. J Clin Immunol. 2002;22:83-91.
- Zurier RB, et. al. Arthritis Rheum. 1996 Nov;39(11):1808-17.
- De Spirt S, et. al. Br J Nutr. 2009 Feb;101(3):440-5.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Borage oil is extracted from the seeds of Borago Officinalis. It is cold-pressed and produced without the use of solvents.
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) is derived from highly purified soybean oil.