Betaine HCl Pepsin
Benefits & Features
- Supports healthy gastric function
- Promotes absorption of protein, vitamin B12 , calcium and iron from food sources
- May enhance digestive enzyme function
- Part of the PureGI® product line
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy digestion support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 3 times daily, with each meal.
Science & Research
Betaine HCl and pepsin are gastric-juice components essential to the digestion of food and absorption of most nutrients.1 In particular, betaine HCl is necessary for adequate absorption of protein, calcium, vitamin B12 and iron.2 The low pH of the stomach's hydrochloric acid destroys ingested bacteria and microorganisms.3,4 This formula can be beneficial for anyone seeking enhanced digestive function.
- Yago MR, et al. Mol Pharm 2013 Nov 4;10(11):4032-7.
- Russell RM. Nutr Aging 1986;59-67.
- Shindo K, et al. Am J Gastroenterol. 1993 Dec;88(12):2084-91.
- Russell RM. J Nutr. 2001;131(4); 1359S-1361S.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Discontinue immediately if a burning sensation occurs. Not recommended for people with ulcers, or a history of ulcers.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Betaine HCl is synthetic
- Pepsin is porcine derived
- Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose