Benefits & Features
- Provides support for occasional sleeplessness
- Promotes the onset of sleep as well as healthy sleep quality
- Supports natural relaxation of the nervous system
- Includes flower extracts and other natural ingredients
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Restful sleep and relaxation support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
Science & Research
Best Rest Formula provides support for occasional sleeplessness. It contains the time-tested support of valerian, passionflower, chamomile, lemon balm and hops, which act to calm and relax the central nervous system. Double-blind trials involving valerian, valerian/lemon balm combinations and valerian/hops combinations have indicated the potential to support the onset of sleep as well as healthy sleep quality.1-3 Melatonin also facilitates the onset of sleep and sleep efficiency.4 GABA and L-theanine are included for their ability to promote alpha wave production in the brain, an indication of relaxation.5,6
- Kennedy DO, et. al. Phytother Res. 2006 Feb;20(2):96-102.
- Ngan A, et. al. Phytother Res 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
- Zick SM, et. al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011 Sep 22;11:78.
- Eckerberg B, et. al. Chronobiol Int 2012 Nov;29(9):1239-48.
- Yoto A, et. al. Amino Acids 2012 Sep;43(3):1331-7.
- Kimura K, et. al. Biol Psychol 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45.
Consult a healthcare professional if you are experiencing long-term sleep difficulties, before use in children, before use in pregnant or lactating women, those with a medical condition, and those taking medication.
Do not drive or operate machinery when taking melatonin.
This product may be contraindicated for individuals taking corticosteroids.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pyridoxal-5-phosphate, melatonin and GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) are synthetic.
- Theanine is derived from fermentation.
- Deodorized valerian extract is derived from Valeriana officinalis root and standardized to contain 0.8% valernic acids.
- Lemon balm extract is derived from Melissa officinalis leaf and standardized to contain 5% rosemarinic acid.
- Hops is derived from Humulus lupulus L. aerial parts and standardized to contain 2.9% flavonoids.
- Passionflower extract is derived from Passiflora incarnata L. aerial parts and standardized to contain 3.5% vitexin.
- Chamomile extract is derived from Matricaria recutita flowers.
- Maltodextrin is derived from potato.
- Gum arabic is derived from acacia tree.
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.