Benefits & Features
- Supports the skin's natural antioxidant defenses against free radicals from sun exposure
- Offers protection for eye and brain health
- Supports joint and immune function
- Derived from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae
- Contains carotenoids lutein and beta carotene
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Antioxidant protection for the skin and retina
- Joint comfort
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Derived from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae cultivated under pristine conditions, esterified astaxanthin is a stable, fat-soluble antioxidant from the carotenoid family. Astaxanthin protects the phospholipid membranes of cells from oxidative damage.1 In studies, it has demonstrated the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and protect the retina, suggesting its potential for supporting the brain and nervous system from free radical damage.2,3 Initial trials with astaxanthin suggest that it may support the skins natural antioxidant defenses against free radicals induced by sun exposure.3 In a human clinical evaluation, supplementation with astaxanthin provided enhanced antioxidant protection for the skin.4,5 Research suggests that astaxanthin may support athletic performance, as well as joint function and comfort after strenuous exercise.6 Additional studies suggest astaxanthin's immune, cellular and cardiovascular support potential.7-9
- Nakagawa K, et al. Br J Nutr. 2011. 105(11); 1563-1571.
- Piermarocchi S, et al. Eur J Ophthalmol. . 2012 Mar-Apr;22(2):216-25.
- Fakhri S, et al. Molecules. . 2019 Jul 20;24(14):2640.
- Ito N, et al. Nutrients. . 2018 Jun 25;10(7):817.
- Yamashita E. Japanese Society for Carotenoid Research. 2006. (10); 91-95.
- Earnest CP, et al. Int J Sports Med. 2011 Nov;32(11):882-8.
- Park JS, et al. Nutr Metab (Lond). . 2010 Mar 5;7:18.
- Mashhadi NS, et al. . Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2018;27(2):341-346.
- Choi HD, et al. Phytother Res. . 2011 Dec;25(12):1813-8.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Astaxanthin is derived from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae and cultivated under highly controlled conditions
- In addition to astaxanthin, each softgel typically provides 40 mcg naturally occurring lutein and 65 IU naturally occurring vitamin A as beta carotene