Vitamin D3 & K2 120's
Benefits & Features
- Promote healthy calcium utilization to maintain bone health
- Supports vascular tissue to support healthy arterial calcium balance and vascular elasticity
- Supports immune function with vitamin D3
- Provides vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 in one convenient capsule
- 100 mcg of biologically active all-trans vitamin K2 (MK-7) per capsule
- Made with hypoallergenic ingredients
- Ages 18 and up
- Bone and vascular health support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) is a fat-soluble nutrient with an important role in maintaining arterial calcium balance and vascular elasticity.1-12 In a systematic review involving five studies, higher intakes of vitamin K2 were associated with cardiovascular health.10 In an observational study involving 564 postmenopausal women, higher intake of vitamin K2 was associated with calcium balance in the vascular tissue.8 One of the primary functions of vitamin K2 is to support the carboxylation of matrix Gla-protein (MGP), a key protein involved in calcium balance.11 Accordingly, several studies indicate that Vitamin K2 also supports proper utilization of calcium in bone. Clinical research indicates that obtaining adequate amounts helps to maintain bone health.1-6 Vitamin K2 and vitamin D3 both participate in the regulation of osteocalcin, a biomarker of bone formation.1,13
- Gropper SAS, Smith JL, Groff JL. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 5th Ed. Chapter 10, pp. 412-414. Wadsworth/Cengage Learning, Australia. c.2009.
- El Borolossy R, El-Farsy MS. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2022 Jun;76(6):848-854.
- Qiu C, Zheng H, Tao H, et al. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017 Sep;433(1-2):149-159.
- Yamaguchi M, Sugimoto E, Hachiya S. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001 Jul;223(1-2):131-7.
- Zhang Y, Liu Z, Duan L, et al. Calcif Tissue Int. 2020 May;106(5):476-485.
- Knapen MH, Drummen NE, Smit E, et al. Osteoporos Int. 2013 Sep;24(9):2499-507.
- Knapen MH, Braam LA, Drummen NE, et al. Thromb Haemost. 2015 May;113(5):1135-44.
- Beulens JW, Bots ML, Atsma F, et al. Atherosclerosis. 2009 Apr;203(2):489-93.
- Mansour AG, Hariri E, Daaboul Y, et al. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2017 Sep;11(9):589-597.
- Rees K, Guraewal S, Wong YL, et al. Maturitas. 2010 Oct;67(2):121-8.
- Dalmeijer GW, van der Schouw YT, Magdeleyns E. Atherosclerosis. 2012 Dec;225(2):397-402.
- Vermeer C and Vik H. Vascul Dis Ther. 2020;5: doi: 10.15761/VDT.1000179.
- Gigante A, BrugÃ¨ F, Cecconi S, et al. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 Jun;9(6):691-701.
Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly blood-thinning medication, consult your health professional before use. It is recommended that individuals taking more than 50 mcg (2,000 IU) vitamin D per day have their blood levels monitored.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) is derived from flower extracts geraniol and farnesol
- Vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose