Benefits & Features
- Promotes serotonin synthesis to support relaxation, moderate occasional stress and maintain healthy eating behavior
- Provides neurotransmitter precursors to help balance serotonin function
- Maintains healthy serotonin activity and reuptake
- Blend of serotonin cofactors and precursor
- Contains Metafolin® L-5-MTHF, the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate
- Part of the PureSYNAPSE™ line
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Positive mood and relaxation support
- Healthy eating behavior support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, between meals.
Science & Research
SeroPlus promotes serotonin synthesis to support relaxation, moderate occasional stress and maintain healthy eating behavior. This formula provides the serotonin precursor, 5-HTP, and inositol, which supports healthy sensitization of serotonin receptors.2 Taurine also supports healthy serotonin activity, potentially by maintaining healthy reuptake.3 Niacinamide and zinc enhance 5-HTP availability.4,5 This formula includes the cofactors magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and Metafolin® L-5-MTHF to support serotonin production and positive mood.6,7,8 In a randomized, controlled trial involving elderly individuals, magnesium offered statistically significant support for positive mood.9 In another double-blind, randomized and placebo-controlled trial involving young women, zinc supplementation offered statistically significant support for positive mood.10
- Emanuele E, et al. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2010;31(5):663-6.
- Gianfranco C, et al. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2011 Oct;26(7):526-30
- Becquet D, et al. Neurochem Int. 1993 Sep;23(3):269-83.
- Prousky JE. J of Orthomolecular Medicine. 2005. 20(3); 167-178.
- Nowak G, et al. Pol J Pharmacol. 2003 Nov-Dec;55(6):1143-7.
- de Oliveira IJ, et al. Pak J Biol Sci. 2015 Jan;18(1):11-8.
- Doll H, et al. J R Coll Gen Pract. 1989 Sep;39(326):364-8.
- Papakostas GI, et. al. J Clin Psychiatry. 2014 Aug;75(8):855-63.
- Jacka FN, et al. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2009 Jan;43(1):45-52.
- Sawada T, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Mar;64(3):331-3.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly psychiatric medications, consult your health professional before use. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Ascorbic acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Niacinamide, pyridoxal 5' phosphate, folate (Metafolin® , L-5-MTHF) and taurine are synthetic
- Magnesium and zinc are derived from the lime of rock
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan is derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seeds
- Myo-inositol is derived from rice bran