Benefits & Features
- Supports antioxidant defenses and cellular health
- Provides immune system support
- Promotes healthy blood flow
- May help support healthy growth and fertility
- Available in citrate and selenomethionine forms
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy cell function and immune health support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Selenium is an essential cofactor for glutathione peroxidases, which maintain antioxidant defenses by inactivating hydrogen peroxide.1 Selenium also supports iodine metabolism to maintain healthy thyroid hormone production.1 This trace mineral is also involved in the production of certain prostaglandins that promote healthy blood flow.2 Selenium may also support healthy growth and fertility, as indicated in a research study using a combination of selenomethionine and vitamin E.3 Selenium also provides support for the immune system.4 Selenomethionine is an organic form of the mineral that occurs naturally in Brazil nuts and legumes, and consists of selenium bound to the amino acid methionine. During digestion, selenium is released from methionine. Selenium is absorbed primarily in the duodenum and proximal small intestine and transported to tissues via specialized transport proteins.1
- Gropper SS, Smith JL. Advanced Nutrition and Human metabolism. 6th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth; 2012.
- Hampel G, et al. Life Sci. 1991;49(12):881-8.
- Moslemi MK, et al. Int J Gen Med. 2011; 4: 99-104.
- Kiremidjian-Schumacher L, et al. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1994 Apr-May;41(1-2):115-27.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Selenium is derived from sodium selenite
- Methionine (selenomethionine only) is derived from Homoserine, which is produced by organic chemical synthesis. Selenomethionine serves as a storage form. The methionine is incorporated directly into proteins, releasing selenium as they are catabolized
- Citrate (selenium citrate only) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Ascorbyl palmitate (selenomethionine only) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose