Quality at Our Core
We Have High Standards
To ensure that all products meet the highest standards, our raw materials are scientifically tested before use, and every formula is tested to confirm its quality.
- Raw materials are tested for identity, potency, microbial contaminants, heavy metals (including mercury, arsenic, cadmium, and lead), 32 solvent residues, and allergens depending on risk.
- Herbal ingredients are tested for 70 different pesticide compounds.
- Essential fatty acids and fish/krill oils are tested for dioxins, furans, PCBs, and other agents.
- Suppliers undergo rigorous qualification procedures and audits.
- Pure Encapsulations is NSF-GMP registered in the U.S., GMP certified in Canada, and exceeds the standards of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) for supplement manufacturing.
The Pure Process
Unwavering production standards and transparency mean sourcing the purest ingredients, rigorous testing for metals, toxins, contaminants, and allergens, and quality control processes that ensure sanitized, stable conditions, and safeguard against cross-contamination.
How We Keep It Pure
We manufacture in our own state-of-the-art facility to ensure highest-quality standards. Production employees receive extensive, ongoing training of the safe handling of raw materials and finished products. Machine operators inspect the capsules every 15 to 20 minutes, and quality assurance specialists inspect them every 60 to 90 minutes.
In addition, we have a comprehensive Allergen SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) that prevents ingredient cross-contamination by including the following policies for flagging allergen-containing ingredients:
Separating ingredients throughout storage and manufacturing
Sanitization of all equipment after every batch
Training employees on the safe handling of allergenic materials and finished products
Any product containing ingredients that contain allergens such as soy, dairy, fish or shellfish, is clearly labeled.
All Pure Encapsulations ingredients, including those derived from corn, are GMO-free. We obtain statements from each of our suppliers certifying that the ingredients do not contain GMOs. For some nutrients, we conduct PCR testing to confirm the absence of genetically modified material.
Pure Encapsulations products are gluten free. Many of our products are certified gluten-free and are manufactured in facilities audited by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO).
The GFCO is an internationally recognized and trusted symbol signifying that a product meets the highest quality for gluten-free certification.
To learn more about our quality assurance, please see our most Frequently Asked Questions.