PureDefense w/NAC 120's
Benefits & Features
- Supports first-line immune defense and overall immune health
- Provides support for upper respiratory tract health
- Promotes antioxidant protection
- Features EpiCor® saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentate, NAC, nutrients and flavonoids
- Offered in both 120-count bottle and convenient blister pack box designed for travel or short-term dosing
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Immune function and upper respiratory health support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, twice daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Natural killer cells are part of the body's innate, or first-line, immune response. They respond more quickly than the adaptive immune system comprised of B cells and T cells. Once activated, natural killer cell activity peaks in as quickly as several hours, providing rapid support and wide-range immune defense. EpiCor® is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various bioactive metabolites. These nutrient metabolites are produced in a specialized fermentation process and enhance immune cell production. In one cellular study, EpiCor® promoted natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells.1 In two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, EpiCor® provided statistically significant support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health.2,3 A separate open label, in-house trial indicated a strong potential for EpiCor® supplementation to enhance secretory IgA levels after 30 days. These various actions demonstrate the ability of EpiCor® to address both innate and adaptive immune responses.4 NAC (n-acetyl-l-cysteine) promotes endogenous glutathione production for antioxidant protection and provides lung defense mechanisms for healthy respiratory function.5 In a randomized, double-blind trial involving mostly older individuals, NAC showed support for respiratory health.6 Quercetin and elderberry provide flavonoids that offer additional support for immune and respiratory function while vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc play important roles in immune cell activation.7,8,9,10
- Jensen GS, et al. J Med Food. 2015 Mar;18(3):378-84.
- Moyad MA, et al. Urol Nurs. . 2008 Feb;28(1):50-5.
- Talbott SM, et al. J Am Coll Nutr. 2012 Aug;31(4):295-300.
- Jensen GS, et al. J Med Food. 2011 Sep;14(9):1002-10.
- Sutherland ER,Crapo JD, Bowler RP. COPD. 2006 Dec;3(4):195-202.
- De Flora S, et al.Eur Respir J. 1997 Jul;10(7):1535-41.
- Nieman DC, et al.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007 Sep;39(9):1561-9.
- Roschek B Jr, et al. Phytochemistry. 2009 Jul;70(10):1255-61.
- Wintergerst ES, et al. Ann Nutr Metab 2006;50(2):85-94.
- Hossein-nezhad A, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e58725.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medications, particularly immunosuppressants, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Ascorbic acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Vitamin D is derived from lanolin
- Zinc is derived from earthen ore
- N-acetyl-l-cysteine is derived from duck feather
- Epicor® dried yeast fermentate complex is derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Elderberry extract is derived from Sambucus nigra fruit
- Quercetin is derived from the Fava d'anta tree (Dimorphandra mollis) pods and Cat's claw (Uncaria tormentosa) leaves
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil