PureDefense Collagen w/ Bone Broth powder
Benefits & Features
- Promotes immune function with immunomodulatory Epicor® , curcumin, garlic, reishi, and turkey tails mushroom extracts
- Supports G.I. mucosal health with amino-acid building blocks to enhance immune function
- S-allyl-cysteine (SAC) and other bioactive compounds act as antioxidants to support cellular function and protect tissues
- 15 grams of protein fromgrass-fed beefbone broth and hydrolyzed collagen
- 250 mg EpiCor® Saccharomyces cerevisiaeyeast fermentate with immune-supportive bioactive metabolites
- Coriolus mushroom extract and reishi mushroom-derived beta 1,3/1,6-D glucan
- Enhanced bioavailability turmeric extract
- Aged fermented black garlic extract and whole food vegetable blend
- Designed to be combined with hot water for savory warm comforting delivery
- Individuals aged 18 and up
- Immune health
- G.I. mucosal and/or joint support
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 serving into 8 oz. of hot water and stir to dissolve. Consumeimmediately.
Science & Research
PureDefense Collagen w/Bone Broth powder offers 15 grams of protein in the form of grass-fed beef bone broth and hydrolyzed collagen as a savory, comforting, warm delivery form to support immune function.1 Within the human body's collagen is an extracellular protein that accounts for 25-30% of the total protein content. These hydrolyzed proteins offer a source of amino acid building blocks and are particularly high in proline/hydroxyproline, arginine and glycine. Arginine and glycine are key for creatine synthesis, while proline and hydroxyproline are a key component of cartilage and collagen in the body's Numerous studies indicate that collagen peptides support skin and mucosal tissue integrity and elasticity, as well as joint comfort and function, in part by targeting cartilage synthesis and cytokine balance.2-4 EpiCor® is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various immune-supportive bioactive metabolites. Studies indicate EpiCor® promotes natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells, providing support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health.5 Research indicates that curcumin, reishi and turkey tails mushroom extracts have immunomodulatory effects.6-8 Reishi mushroom is included as a unique, highly purified, reishi mushroom-derived beta 1,3/1,6-D glucan extract. Turkey tails mushroom extract promotes white blood cell function, including lymphocyte, macrophage and natural killer cells and antibody'sproduction. Research suggests that curcumin moderates the cytokines IL-4, IL-8, and TNF-α that induce differentiation of helper T cells,as well as supports nasal respiratory function.9 This formula includes a unique turmeric extract that utilizes a water dispersible colloidal suspension of curcuminoids to enhance bioavailability. In an unpublished comparison study, this turmeric extract enhanced bioavailability 24-fold compared to standard curcumin extract, as measured by dose-normalized area under the curve, from 0-8 hours after intake. Aged fermented black garlic extract is concentrated in the sulfur-containing S-allyl-cysteine (SAC) andother bioactive compounds, including phenols and flavonoids. These compounds act as antioxidants in the body'sto protect tissues and support cellular function.10 Garlic has also demonstrated support for maintaining a healthy gut ecology and promoting healthy immune system function.11 A blend of organic cruciferous vegetables, as well as tomato, carrot, and spinach, offers flavor and phytonutrients.
- Schwick, HG and Heide, K, Bibl Haematology, 1969, 33, 111-125.
- SamoninaG, et al. Pathophysiology, 2000, 7, 1, 69-73.
- Oba C, et al. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine, (2013) 29, 204-211
- Benito-Ruiz P, et al. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2009;60 Suppl 2:99-113.
- Jensen GS, Redman KA, Benson KF, et al. J Med Food. 2011 Sep;14(9):1002-10.
- Hsu MJ, Lee SS, Lee ST, Lin WW. Br J Pharmacol. 2003 May;139(2):289-98.
- Chu KK, Ho SS, Chow AH. J Clin Pharmacol. 2002 Sep;42(9):976-84.
- Antony S, Kuttan R, Kuttan G. Immunol Invest. Sep-Dec 1999;28(5-6):291-303.
- Wu S, Xiao D. Ann AllergyAsthma Immunol. 2016 Dec;117(6):697-702.
- Kim MJ, Yoo YC, Kim HJ, et al. J Med Food. 2014 Oct;17(10):1057-63.
- Josling P. Adv Ther. 2001 Jul-Aug;18(4):189-93.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Hydrolyzed collagen is derived from bovine hide from grass-fed cows in Argentina
- Beef bone broth powder is derived from grass-fed, hormone-free, European-origin cows
- Turkey tails mushroom extract is derived from certified organic Coriolusversicolor fruiting body'sand standardized to contain 30% beta glucan
- Reishi mushroom beta glucans are derived from Ganoderma lucidum myceliaextract and standardized to contain 70% beta 1,3/1,6 glucans
- Aged fermented black garlic extract is derived from Allium sativum bulb and standardized to contain 0.1% S-allyl-cysteine
- Epicor® dried yeast fermentate complex is derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiaein a specialized fermentation process
- Enhanced-bioavailability turmeric extract is derived from Curcuma longa rhizome and standardized to contain 30% curcuminoids. It utilizes a water dispersible colloidal suspension containing acacia gum, sunflower oil, and Quillaja extract
- Proprietary vegetable complex contains organicbroccoli powder, organic broccoli sprout powder, organic tomato powder, organic carrot powder, organicspinach powder, and organic kale powder
- Lecithin is derived from sunflower
Size approximately 20 servings per
Order code PDC4
Bottle size 25 oz