Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy immune balance within the G.I. tract
- Helps maintain the integrity of the intestinal mucosa
- Shelf-stable probiotic blend
- Provides 10 billion CFU per capsule
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy gastrointestinal barrier function and immune support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Probiotic G.I. provides 10 billion CFU per capsule of the beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis and Streptococcus thermophilus. Beneficial microflora are crucial for proper gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) function and development.1 The GALT helps protect intestinal mucosa from allergens and toxins and is a major component of the body's immune system.2 It is estimated that more than 70% of the body's B lymphocytes are found in the GALT. Probiotics are believed to support healthy GALT composition, and in turn, support barrier function, G.I. epithelial cell health and T cell function within the G.I. tract.3 Some probiotic strains may also modulate local production of cytokines and other immune mediators in the G.I. epithelium.4 Research suggests that Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04) and Streptococcus thermophilus St-21 help to maintain healthy immune mediator balance.5-7
- Levy M, et al. Genome Med (2015) 7:120.
- Iweala OI, Nagler CR. 2019 Apr 26;37:377-403.
- Cristofori F, et al. Front Immunol. 2021 Feb 26;12:578386.
- Roselli M, et al. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009, 15, 1526â€“1536
- Foligne B, et al. World J Gastroenterol. 2007 Jan 14; 13(2): 236â€“243.
- Paineau D, et al. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008 Jun;53(1):107-13.
- Claes IJ, et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Oct;55(10):1441-53.
Probiotics may be contraindicated for immunocompromised individuals. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are immunocompromised, or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14), Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04) and Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06), Lactobacillus casei (Lc-11), Streptococcus thermophilus (St-21) and Lactobacillus salivarius (Ls-33) are grown on a dairy and soy-free medium
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Pure Encapsulations® probiotic products contain a unique form of rice starch produced through a natural enzymatic process. This proprietary starch has been extensively tested and is added to protect the viability of the probiotic organisms