Benefits & Features
- Provides essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients based on scientific recommendations for pregnancy and lactation
- Supports hormone, neurotransmitter, DNA, protein and energy production
- Promotes optimal neural and cellular development
- Nutrient support for women of child-bearing age, pregnant women and lactating women
- With Metafolin® L-5-MTHF, the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients that are backed by verifiable science
- Women of child-bearing age, pregnant women and lactating women
- Healthy pregnancy and lactation support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
PreNatal Nutrients provides the vitamins and minerals needed to help support maternal and fetal health. Best when combined with EPA/DHA, this formula provides 1 mg of folate as Metafolin® L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), a naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate, for optimal neural and cellular development.1,2 Vitamin D is offered as algae-derived vegan source.3 Vitamin K supports healthy carboxylation of proteins for blood-clotting and bone health.4 Choline (100 mg) contributes to neurotransmitter production, DNA synthesis, protein and energy metabolism, and fetal central nervous system development.5 Iron (27 mg) and iodine (150 mcg) meet the increased requirements during pregnancy.6
- Milunsky A. JAMA. 1989 Nov 24;262(20):2847-52.
- Prinz-Langenohl R, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Dec; 158(8): 2014â€“2021.
- Hashemipour S, et al. Br J Nutr. 2013 Nov 14;110(9):1611-6.
- Shearer MJ, et al. J Nutr. 1996 Apr;126(4 Suppl):1181S-6S.
- Meck, WH, et al. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 27 (2003) 385â€“399
- Dawson EB, McGanity WJ. J Reprod Med. 1987 Jun;32(6 Suppl):478-87.
Vitamin K may be contraindicated with Coumadin (Warfarin). If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly blood-thinning medication, consult your health professional before use.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. KEEP THIS PRODUCT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Beta carotene: Blakeslea trispora
- Lycopene: natural tomato concentrate
- Lutein: marigold flower extract
- Zeaxanthin: synthetic
- Vitamin C: corn dextrose fermentation
- Vitamin E: soybean
- Vitamin D3 : algae
- Vitamin K1 : synthetic
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Niacinamide: synthetic
- Vitamin B5 (calcium pantothenate): synthetic
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal HCl): synthetic
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin): corn dextrose fermentation
- Folate: synthetic
- Biotin: synthetic
- Choline: synthetic
- Minerals: naturally derived from earthen ore
Sources of the mineral chelates include:
- Citrate: corn dextrose fermentation
- Glycinate: synthetic
- Polynicotinate: synthetic
- Mixed carotenoid profile typically contains 4,800 mcg beta carotene, 133 mcg lycopene, 265 mcg lutein and 53 mcg zeaxanthin