Benefits & Features
- Supports menstrual comfort and mood
- Helps lessen fatigue and cravings
- Promotes healthy hormone function
- Herbal formula with vitamins and minerals
- Part of the PureWoman™ product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Menstrual comfort and emotional wellness support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals. May be used daily or during the luteal phase only, as directed by your health professional.
Science & Research
PMS Essentials provides a comprehensive nutrient and botanical approach to support mood, cravings, cramps and bloating associated with the menstrual cycle. Calcium plays a role in healthy smooth muscle function and menstrual comfort.1 Vitamin D has similar effects, attributed to its ability to promote healthy calcium levels, cyclic hormone function and neurotransmitter activity.2 Healthy intracellular magnesium levels have been associated with maintaining positive mood during the luteal phase.3 Magnesium also plays an important role in nervous system sensitivity, providing support for muscle comfort, breast comfort and emotional well-being associated with the menstrual cycle.4 Studies indicate the positive effect of vitamin B6 on premenstrual mood as well as its crucial role in enhancing the effect of magnesium.5 Vitamin E research suggests that it helps lessen breast tenderness as well as nervous tension and fatigue associated with the menstrual cycle.6 Traditionally used and clinically studied, chaste tree provides significant beneficial support for the hypothalamus and pituitary via its balancing effects.7 Relora® may help diminish stress-related sugary snack cravings and support emotional wellness while rhodiola supports energy and mental function.8‡
- Ghanbari Z, et al. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. . 2009 Jun;48(2):124-9.
- Khajehei M, et al. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009 May;105(2):158-61.
- Facchinetti F, et al. Obstet Gynecol. 1991 Aug;78(2):177-81.
- Fathizadeh N, et al. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2010 Dec; 15(Suppl1): 401?405.
- De Souza MC, et al. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2000 Mar;9(2):131-9.
- London RS, et al. J Am Coll Nutr. 1983;2(2):115-22.
- Berger D, et al. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2000 Nov;264(3):150-3.
- Kalman DS, et al.Nutr J. 2008 Apr 21;7:11.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, particularly psychiatric medication, consult your health professional before use. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Calcium, magnesium and zinc are derived from the lime of rock
- d-Alpha tocopherol succinate (vitamin E) is derived from highly purified soybean oil
- Vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin
- Chaste tree extract is derived from Vitex agnus-castus fruit
- Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (activated B6), malate and picolinate are synthetic
- Relora® is derived from a proprietary blend of patented extracts from Magnolia officinalis bark and Phellodendron amurense bark
- Rhodiola rosea extract is derived from the root and standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and a minimum of 1% salidrosides
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Modified food and corn starch are derived from corn