Peptic-Care (Zinc-L-Carnosine) 60's
Benefits & Features
- Provides antioxidant support for the G.I. tract
- Patented, 1:1 chelate of zinc and l-carnosine provides synergistic G.I. mucosal protection
- Supports the stomach's mucosal defenses, buffers gastric acid and maintains healthy cytokine release
- Patented 1:1 chelate of zinc and l-carnosine
- Part of the PureGI™ product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Overall gastric health and comfort support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
This patented, 1:1 chelate of zinc and l-carnosine provides a unique configuration that accounts for this compound's unique functions in the G.I. tract.Zinc-carnosine has a slow disassociation rate and adheres to the stomach lining, allowing for prolonged protection.1 Once dissociated, zinc and carnosine provide synergistic antioxidant protection, support the stomach's mucosal defenses, buffer gastric acid and maintain healthy cytokine release.2 Studies suggest that this combination is more effective in maintaining the integrity of the gastric lining than either ingredient alone.3 One Japanese multi-center, double-blind study involving 299 subjects reported improvements in objective and subjective parameters of normal gastric health and repair, especially after 8 weeks of daily supplementation.4 Seven additional clinical evaluations involving over 550 volunteers reportedsimilar results. In vitro and in vivo studies show thatzinc-carnosine supports cellular repair in the intestine by maintaining healthy cell reproduction and villous function.5 In a double-blind, randomized, crossover trial, zinc-carnosine maintained healthy gut barrier function.6 Extensively studied and utilized in Japan, this zinc-carnosine combination has an excellent safety profile.
- Arakawa T, et al. Dig Dis Sci. 1990 May;35(5):559-66.
- Shimada T, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999 Oct;291(1):345-52.
- Sakae K, et al. Nutr Clin Pract. 2013 Oct;28(5):609-16.
- Miyoshi A, et al. Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 1992. 20;20(1):199?223.
- Watanabe S, et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998 Nov;12(11):1131-8.
- Mahmood A, et al. Gut. 2007 Feb;56(2):168-75.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Zinc is derived from earthen ore
- l-Carnosine is synthetic
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose