Benefits & Features
- Provides a comprehensive nutrient profile for bone support
- Promotes calcium absorption and retention
- Enhances healthy bone mineralization
- Calcium malate and calcium citrate/malate are both highly bioavailable forms of calcium
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Support for bone density and bone strength
As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
OsteoBalance provides 514 mg of calcium per serving from calcium citrate/malate and calcium malate, along with a comprehensive profile of important bone-building nutrients. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies have reported statistically significant benefits of calcium supplementation for bone health1 Calcium citrate/malate has excellent bioavailability and provided bone mass support in postmenopausal women with low dietary calcium intake in a two-year, double-blind placebo-controlled trial.2 One study indicated that concomitant supplementation of the trace minerals zinc, copper and manganese with calcium citrate/malate helped to promote healthy bone metabolism in postmenopausal subjects.3 Magnesium also supports healthy bone mineral density.4 Boron plays an important role in reducing urinary calcium and magnesium excretion.5 Like boron, vitamin D3 reduces urinary calcium loss,but also enhances calcium absorption.6
- Reid IR, et al. Am J Med. 2006 Sep;119(9):777-85.
- Dawson-Hughes B, et al. N Engl J Med. 1990 Sep 27;323(13):878-83.
- Benevolenskaia LI, et al. Ter Arkh. 2004;76(11):88-93.
- Stendig-Lindberg G, et al. Magnes Res. 1993;6(2):155-63.
- Strause L, et al. J Nutr. 1994 Jul;124(7):1060-4.
- Aloia JF, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014 Mar;99(3):624-31.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate): corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Vitamin D3 : cholesterol from wool fat (lanolin)
- Minerals: naturally derived from limestone
Sources of the mineral chelates include:
- Aspartate: synthetic
- Citrate/Malate: synthetic
- Glycinate: synthetic
- Picolinate: synthetic
Size 00 caps
Bottle counts 210, 351
Order codes OB2, OB35
Bottle sizes 20 oz, 26 oz