Olive Leaf extract
Benefits & Features
- Helps maintain healthy gut microbial ecology
- Supports the immune system and promotes a healthy intestinal environment
- Mediterranean olive tree leaves have been used in herbal remedies for over 150 years
- Standardized to contain a minimum of 15% oleuropein
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Intestinal microbial balance
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
The Mediterranean olive tree, Olea europaea, defends itself against bacteria, fungi, parasites and insects through the eutrophic compounds it produces. Its leaf extract, popular in herbal and folk remedies, has been widely studied in recent years for its microbial balancing properties andcardiometabolic health benefits.1-6 Consistent with its traditional use, olive leaf extracts have been shown to support microbial balance without suppressing immune system function.2,4,6 A well-researched bioactive constituent is oleuropein, a unique phenolic glucoside (structurally classified as an iridoid). Oleuropein is metabolized by intestinal bacteria to hydroxytyrosol, a phenolic antioxidant that is hypothesized to contribute to the clinical benefits of olive oil and leaf extracts.3 Flavonoids, such as rutin, luteolin and hesperidin, may alsocontribute to its functional profile.
- Vogel P, et al. Nutr Hosp. 2014 Dec17;31(3):1427-33.
- Pereira AP, et al. Molecules. 2007 May26;12(5):1153-62.
- Sudjana AN, et al. J Antimicrobial Agents. 2009;33(5); 461-63.
- Vezza T, et al. Pharmacol Res. 2019Dec;150:104487.
- Somerville V, et al. Nutrients. 2019 Feb9;11(2):358.
- Karkovic Markovic A, et al. Molecules. 2019 May24;24(10):2001.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Olive leaf extract is derived from Olea europaea leaves and standardized to contain a minimum of 15% oleuropein. Typical levels range from 17-23%
Size 00 caps
Bottle count 60, 120
Order codes OL6, OL1
Bottle size 190 cc, 290 cc