Nrf2 Detox 60's
Benefits & Features
- Supports phase II enzyme function in the gut and liver, supporting toxin elimination
- Promotes the activity of Nrf2 to support detoxification and protection against oxidative stress
- Bioavailable, clinically studied Setria® glutathione
- Standardized to contain a minimum of 1,000 mcg sulforaphane
- Part of the PureGenomics® product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cellular detoxification and antioxidant protection
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Cruciferous vegetables of the Brassica family have long been recognized for their ability to support detoxification, thereby maintaining healthy cells and tissues. Cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and kale, are the richest sources of glucosinolates, which are considered to be the most bioactive constituents. Glucosinolates are converted in the body to isothiocyanates after they are ingested and hydrolyzed. The isothiocyanate sulforaphane is one of the most effective activators of phase II detoxification, which occurs primarily in the gut and the liver.1,2 Sulforaphane and resveratrol promote the activity of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), a transcription factor that supports robust, long-lasting expression of numerous genes responsible for phase II detoxification and protection against oxidative stress.3 Among these genes are glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase and various phase II enzymes, such as glutathione sulfotransferases.4 Nrf2 also supports expression of glutathione glutamylcysteinyl ligase, which is responsible for a critical step in the biosynthesis of glutathione, a vital component of cellular antioxidant and detoxification systems.5 Found in virtually every cell of the body glutathione plays essential roles in protein synthesis, synthesis and repair of DNA, enzyme function, transport and cell maturation.6 Optimal levels of glutathione have been associated with physical and mental health.7 The highest concentration of glutathione is found in the liver, where it offers antioxidant support, protects tissue and maintains detoxification.8,9 In a randomized clinical trial, supplementation with 250 and 1,000 mg of Setria® glutathione per day increased glutathione levels in the blood after one, three and six months. At six months, mean glutathione levels in the high-dose group increased 30-35% in erythrocytes, plasma and lymphocytes, and 260% in buccal cells (p<0.05). In the low-dose group, mean glutathione levels increased 17% and 29% in blood and erythrocytes, respectively (p<0.05). Both glutathione dose groups showed support for antioxidant defenses, indicated by decreases in the oxidized-to-reduced-glutathione ratio in whole blood after six months.10
- Zhang Y, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.1992 Mar 15;89(6):2399-403.
- Karen-Ng LP, et al. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12(5):1161-6.
- Krajka-Kuzniak V, et al. J Physiol Biochem.2015 Jun;71(2):227-38.
- Brooks JD, et al. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev.2001 Sep;10(9):949-54.
- Kode A, et al. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol.2008 Mar;294(3):L478-88.
- Wu G, Fang YZ, Yang S, etal. J Nutr. 2004 Mar;134(3):489-92.
- Lang CA, et al. J Lab Clin Med. 2002 Dec;140(6):413-7.
- Hazelton GA, et al. Biochem J.1980 Apr 15;188(1):25-30.
- Hollins DL, et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006 Apr 1;40(7):1220-6.
- Richie JP Jr, et al. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar;54(2):251-63.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Broccoli sprout concentrate is a 20:1 extract derived from Brassica oleracea italica and standardized to contain a minimum of 1,000 mcg sulforaphane
- Glutathione is sourced from corn glucose fermentation
- Resveratrol is synthetic
Size 0 caps
Bottle count 60
Order code NRF6
Bottle size 120cc