Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Supports the body's circadian rhythm, endocrine secretions, and sleep patterns
- Sustained release allows for absorption over a longer time period
- Melatonin-SR provides sustained-release MicroActive® melatonin
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Sleep support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
Science & Research
Melatonin-SR provides sustained-release MicroActive® melatonin to promote healthy sleep. Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland, which regulates the body's sleep/wake cycle.1 Melatonin's primary role is regulation of the body's circadian rhythm, endocrine secretions and sleep patterns. Studies indicate that it facilitates the onset of sleep, as well as sleep efficiency.2 MicroActive® is an innovative, patented delivery system that offers both improved absorption and sustained release. A pharmacokinetic study of MicroActive® melatonin demonstrated rapid uptake and prolonged presence in plasma up to six hours after a single dose.
- Vriend J, Reiter RJ. J Pineal Res. 2015 Jan;58(1):1-11.
- Zhdanova IV, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Oct;86(10):4727-30.
Consult a healthcare professional if you are experiencing long-term sleep difficulties, before use in children, before use in pregnant or lactating women, those with a medical condition, and those taking medication. Do not drive or operate machinery when taking melatonin. This product may be contraindicated for individuals taking corticosteroids. may be contraindicated for individuals taking corticosteroids.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Melatonin is synthetic
- Carnauba wax is derived from leaves of the palm Copernicia prunifera
- Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and microcrystalline cellulose derived from wood pulp
- Sodium alginate is derived from brown seaweed
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose