Macular Support Formula
Benefits & Features
- Supports macula health and protection
- Helps maintain the health of the optical lens
- Promotes the integrity and density of the macular pigment
- May help moderate visual fatigue and improve light to dark adjustments
- Offers botanicals and antioxidants in standardized amounts
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Macula health and protection support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Macular Support Formula is a combination of antioxidants and botanicals designed to protect and support the macula, the central area of the retina responsible for sharp vision. Since the macula is extremely susceptible to free radical damage, research emphasizes the importance of antioxidant supplementation in maintaining and improving macular health. N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), a glutathione precursor, has been shown to protect against oxidative damage to the lens and to support healthy glutathione levels.1 Glutathione is one of the natural antioxidants found in retinal tissues.2 Bilberry, a rich source of flavonoids known as anthocyanidins, may help moderate visual fatigue and improve light to dark adjustments.3 Grape seed extract provides polyphenols that also provide antioxidant support for the retina.4 This formula is also enhanced with lutein and zeaxanthin, the only two carotenoids found in macular pigment. Lutein and zeaxanthin promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment, as well as help maintain the health of the optical lens.5 These carotenoids and vitamin C provide antioxidant support for macular protection and ocular health.6
- Pallotta V, et al. Blood Transfus. 2014 Jul;12(3):376-87.
- Ganea E, et al. Curr Eye Res. 2006 Jan;31(1):1-11.
- Lee J, et al. Br J Nutr. 2005 Jun;93(6):895-9.
- Said UZ, et al. Isotope and Radiation Research.2005. 37(2); 395-412.
- Rodriguez-Carmona M, et al. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2006 Mar;26(2):137-47.
- Jacques PF, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Oct;66(4):911-
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Bilberry extract is derived from Vaccinium myrtillus fruit and standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides (anthocyanidin glycosides)
- Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis viniferaand standardized to 92% polyphenols
- Lutein (FloraGLO®) is derived from marigold flower extract
- Beta carotene is derived from Blakeslea trispora
- Lycopene is derived from natural tomato concentrate
- Zeaxanthin is synthetic
- Reduced glutathione (free-form) is produced via glucose fermentation
- N-Acetyl-l-cysteine is derived from duck feather
- Vitamin C is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oi
- Each serving typically provides 15,000 mcg beta-carotene, 425 mcg lycopene, 850 mcg lutein and 170 mcg zeaxanthin