Lycopene 20 mg
Benefits & Features
- Provides antioxidant support
- Promotes healthy prostate function
- Supports cardiovascular health
- May help digestive, lung, cervical and breast cell health
- Has shown potential for promoting retinal and macular health
- Naturally extracted by a proprietary method for enhanced stability
- Made from tomato extract and other plant-based ingredients
- Ages 18 and up
- Antioxidant, cellular and prostate health support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Pure Encapsulations' Lycopene provides a natural tomato extract rich in lycopene, various carotenoids, vitamin E and other important phytochemicals. Data from over 47,000 participants in the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study suggested that tomato or lycopene intake was positively associated with prostate cell health.1 In another study involving 30 male subjects, supplementation with lycopene promoted healthy prostate function. This was one of the first randomized, prospective clinical trials to suggest that a lycopene supplement, rather than dietary tomato consumption, supported prostate health.2 Research compiled in a multi-center study involving ten European countries revealed that the antioxidant properties of dietary lycopene supported cardiovascular health.3 Fifty-seven epidemiological studies indicate that lycopene from tomato consumption or tomato-based products may help digestive, lung, cervical and breast cell health.4 Lycopene has also demonstrated the potential for promoting retinal and macular health.5
- Giovannucci E, et al. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002 Mar 6;94(5):391-8.
- Kucuk O, et al. Cancer Epidemiol BiomarkersPrev. 2001 Aug;10(8):861-8.
- Kohlmeier L, et al. Am J Epidemiol. 1997 Oct 15;146(8):618-26.
- Fornelli F, et al. Toxicol In Vitro. 2007 Mar;21(2):217-23.
- Cardinault N, et al. Clin Chim Acta. 2005 Jul 1;357(1):34-42.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations Lycopene is derived from natural tomato concentrate. Fresh tomatoes contain lycopene almost exclusively in the trans conformation, although a variety of cis isomers are possible. When exposed to light and heat, such as during food processing, trans isomers will convert to cis as it is the more stable form of lycopene. Pure Encapsulations Lycopene is naturally extracted by a proprietary method, which preserves the trans conformation of the molecule