Benefits & Features
- Supports the health of the optical lens as well as the retina
- Promotes the integrity and density of the macular pigment
- Helps maintain healthy photoreceptor function in the macula
- Enhances total retinal health, photoreceptor health and color vision
- Offers clinically researched FloraGLO® and OPTISHARP® ingredients
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Eye health and vision support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two major carotenoid pigments stored in the macula, the central part of the retina. They promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment, in part through their antioxidant properties.1 In addition, they help form a protective layer that filters light, maintaining healthy photoreceptor function in the macula.2 Higher dietary intake of these carotenoids is associated with increased macular concentration.3 Numerous double-blind, placebo-controlled trials indicate that lutein and zeaxanthin support the health of the optical lens as well as the retina.4 Additionally, research shows that the combination may target different areas in the retina to enhance total retinal health, photoreceptor health and color vision.5
- Rodriguez-Carmona M, et al. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2006 Mar;26(2):137-47.
- Bovier ER, et al. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 24;9(9):e108178.
- Schalch W, et al. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007 Feb 15;458(2):128-35.
- Huang YM, et al. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Mar;99(3):371-5.
- Hammond BR, et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Dec 2;55(12):8583-9.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lutein is sourced from FloraGLO® brand, which is derived from marigold flower extract
- Zeaxanthin is sourced from OPTISHARP® brand