Lutein 20 mg.
Benefits & Features
- Antioxidant support for healthy visual function
- Promotes macular pigment integrity and density
- Enhances light-screening mechanisms
- Contains free-form lutein, structurally identical to the lutein found naturally in spinach and other leafy greens
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Ocular health support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Lutein is a carotenoid found in a vast number of fruits and vegetables. Like other carotenoids, lutein has antioxidant activity in various tissues, but is one of only two that are stored within the retina, where lutein promotes the integrity and density of the macular pigment, a key component of ocular health.1,2 Multiple clinical studies suggest a direct relationship between lutein supplementation and macula lutein concentration.3 Lutein uptake reportedly occurs in the receptor layer of the eye through a soluble carotenoid-binding protein called tubulin.4 Clinical trials have indicated that lutein specifically supports vision health through a combination of pigment-associated antioxidant protection and light-screening mechanisms.5 Furthermore, a two-year, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study reported that lutein may support healthy visual function in older individuals more efficiently than alpha tocopherol.6
- Roberts JE, et al. J Ophthalmol. 2015;2015:687173.
- Korobelnik JF, et al. JAMA Ophthalmol.2017 Nov 1;135(11):1259-1266.
- Huang YM, et al. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Mar;99(3):371-5.
- Bernstein PS, et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1997 Jan;38(1):167-75.
- Yao Y, et al. Nutrition. 2013 Jul-Aug;29(7-8):958-64.
- Olmedilla B, etal. Nutrition. 2003 Jan;19(1):21
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lutein is sourced from FloraGLO® brand, which is derived from marigold flower extract
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) is derived from soybean oil
Size 6 softgels
Bottle count 60, 120
Order codes LU6, LU1
Bottle size 75cc, 120cc