Liposomal Vitamin C
Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Supports cellular health
- Ages 9+
- Easy to absorb, enhanced-retention form of vitamin C
- Formulated with clinically studied PureWay-C®
- Structurally validated liposomes that are small and highly stable for optimal absorption across membranes
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- Immune support
- Antioxidant defense
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that cannot freely cross the lipid membranes in the gastrointestinal tract, which limits its absorption.1 Uptake of this nutrient requires carrier proteins, which escort vitamin C across the intestinal membranes to reach the bloodstream. These carriers have a low capacity and are easily saturated, especially at higher doses of vitamin C. This limits the amount of this nutrient that reaches organs and tissues, including the cells of the immune system.2 In contrast, liposomes can freely diffuse across membranes in the GI tract.3,4 Liposomal Vitamin C provides an enhanced-absorption form that does not require a carrier system. It contains PureWay-C®, a clinically studied form of vitamin C that combines ascorbic acid with natural lipid metabolites and citrus bioflavonoids.5,6 This enhanced vitamin C is loaded into small-sized, spherical, highly-stable liposomes, which are verified by electron microscopy to ensure the presence of intact, authentic structures. Liposomes can be absorbed directly across mucus membranes in the gastrointestinal tract, supporting enhanced bioavailability.7
- Subramanian VS, Srinivasan P, Wildman AJ, et al. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017 Apr 1;312(4):G340-G347.
- Combs GF, McClung JP. In: The Vitamins (6th ed.) 2022.
- Nsairat H, Khater D, Sayed U, et al. Heliyon. 2022 May 13;8(5):e09394.
- Shade CW. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2016 Mar;15(1):33-6.
- Weeks BS, Perez PP. Med Sci Monit. 2007 Oct;13(10):BR205-10.
- Pancorbo D, Vazquez C, Fletcher MA. Med Sci Monit. 2008 Nov;14(11):CR547-51.
- Gopi S, et al. J Liposome Res. 2021 Dec;31(4):356-364
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.