Benefits & Features
- Supports collagen formation for healthy tendons, ligaments and joints
- Helps support normal recovery from exercise
- Blend of glucosamine, collagen, amino acids, and herbal extracts
- Ages 18 and up
- Ligament function and comfort
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 2 times daily, with 8-10 oz water, with meals.
Science & Research
Glucosamine is required for the synthesis of proteoglycans, the molecules responsible for providing tendons, ligaments, and cartilage their resiliency and strength.1 It also helps protect cartilage from the effects of mechanical stress. Sulfate, another component of proteoglycans, works synergistically with glucosamine to enhance cartilage repair and regeneration.2 BioCell Collagen® provides hydrolyzed and denatured low molecular weight collagen. Additionally, it provides a naturally occurring blend of hyaluronic acid (HA), chondroitin sulfate, glucosamine sulfate and amino acids to promote cartilage synthesis and joint integrity.3 A double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 16 individuals supplementing with BioCell Collagen® for eight weeks indicated statistically significant support for joint function and comfort.4 To further encourage collagen formation, this formula is enhanced with l-lysine and l-proline. These amino acids are hydroxylated to form hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine in a reaction involving vitamin C, forming the "glue" that holds collagen together. In the body, silica is found primarily in connective tissue and plays a role in collagen tissue formation. Devil's claw and curcumin are included to support joint flexibility, function and comfort, in part by maintaining healthy eicosanoid metabolism.5
- Fusini F, et al. Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2016 Jan-Mar; 6(1): 48â€“57.
- Kelly GS. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Feb;3(1):27-39.
- Herrero-Beaumont G, et al. Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Feb;56(2):555-67.
- Schauss AG, et al. J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Apr 25;60(16):4096-101.
- Kalman DS, et al. Nutr J. 2008 Jan 21;7:3.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. Do not take if you are sensitive to shellfish.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Glucosamine sulfate is derived from crab and shrimp
- Hydrolyzed collagen complex is derived from chicken sternal cartilage and typically provides 60% hydrolyzed collagen, 20% chondroitin sulfate and 10% hyaluronic acid
- l-proline and l-lysine are derived from fermentation
- Ascorbic acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Silica is from bamboo extract, which is derived from the stem of the botanical Bambusa vulgaris
- Curcumin (turmeric) is derived from Curcuma longa and standardized to contain 95% curcuminoids
- Devil's claw is derived from Harpagophytum procumbens and standardized to contain 5% harpagosides
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose