Benefits & Features
- Enhances serotonin synthesis to support emotional well-being and restful sleep
- Promotes relaxation and a positive outlook
- Helps control occasional cravings
- Contains serotonin precursor and cofactors
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Supports emotional wellness
- Supports restful sleep and relaxation
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-3 times daily, between meals.
Science & Research
The essential amino acid l-tryptophan is a serotonin precursor. Research indicates that l-tryptophan supplementation may support emotional well-being and restful sleep.1 In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, l-tryptophan supported healthy emotional processing and promoted positive outlook in women.2 In a separate study, it supported healthy mood and lessened occasional irritability during the menstrual cycle.3 l-Tryptophan also supports healthy sleep quality, onset and duration.4 Additional research suggests that tryptophan may promote relaxation and help control occasional cravings.5 Vitamin B6 provides enhanced support as an important cofactor involved in the metabolism of l-tryptophan.6
- Har™ann E, et al. J Nerv Ment Dis. 1979Aug;167(8):497-9.
- Murphy SE, et al. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006 Jul;187(1):121-30.
- Steinberg S, et al. Biol Psychiatry. 1999 Feb1;45(3):313-20.
- Ghadirian AM, et al. J Affect Disord. 1998Jul;50(1):23-7.
- Wur™an JJ, et al. Int J of Eating Disorders. 1981;1(1); 2-15.
- Hvas A.-M, et al. Psychother Psychosom 2004;73:340?.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- l-tryptophan is derived from corn dextrose fermentation. It is tested for contaminants, including EBT (peak E) and endotoxin
- Pyridoxal 5' phosphate (activated B6 ) is synthetic
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose