Benefits & Features
- Promotes relaxation without causing drowsiness
- Supports healthy cellular function
- May help moderate the effects of caffeine on the central nervous system
- May promote premenstrual support including healthy mood
- The biologically active constituent of green tea
- Contains clinically researched Suntheanine®
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Relaxation without drowsiness
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-3 times daily, between meals.
Science & Research
Green tea has been recognized for centuries as having relaxant properties. l-Theanine, a unique amino acid derived from tea, provides the characteristic taste of green tea. l-Theanine also has also discovered as the biologically active constituent of green tea responsible for promoting relaxation. In a preliminary non-clinical study, an l-theanine solution enhanced alpha wave production in the occipital and parietal regions of the brains of volunteers. These observed patterns are considered to be an index of relaxation. Furthermore, it did so rapidly and without causing drowsiness.1 In two additional studies, alpha waves were also shown to be detectable soon after l-theanine administration.2,3 l-Theanine also is useful for supporting healthy cellular function.4 Preliminary research suggests that l-theanine may be helpful for premenstrual support including healthy mood.5 Furthermore, l-theanine has been reported to moderate the effects of caffeine on the central nervous system.6 l-Theanine's safety is supported in studies and by its long history of safe consumption in tea. Pure Encapsulations's l-Theanine is Suntheanine® , the brand which has been used in scientific studies.7
- Juneja LR, et al. Trends in Food Science & Technology.1999. 10; 199-204.
- Song CH, et al. Korean J Nutr. 2003 Nov;36(9):918-923.
- Kobayashi K, et al. Nippon N'ei Kagakukaighi. 1998:72(2):153-7.
- Kim TI, et al. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009 Dec 1;47(11):1601-10.
- Timmcke JQ, et al. FASEB J. 2008. 22; 760.
- Giles GE, et al. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017 Jan;95(1):93-100
- Lyon MR, et al. Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):348-54.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- l-Theanine is the most abundant free-form amino acid found in tea leaves. Suntheanine® l-Theanine is produced from enzymatic fermentation
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose