Folic Acid 60's
Benefits & Features
- Supports healthy fetal neural development
- Promotes the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells
- Assists in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine and the production of gastric HCl
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy fetal neural development support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
Folic acid is essential for healthy fetal neural development.1 It is necessary for the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells, the formation of nucleic acids, the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, and the production of gastric hydrochloric acid (HCl).2 Healthful diets with adequate folate may reduce a woman's risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect.3 Folate intake should not exceed 250% of the DV (1,000 mcg). 1,333 mcg DFE (800 mcg) folic acid in a dietary supplement is more effective in reducing the risk of neural tube defects than alower amount in foods in common form. FDA does not endorse this claim. Public health authorities recommend that women consume 600 mcg DFE (360 mcg) folic acid daily from fortified foods or dietary supplements or both to reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC). MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1991 Aug 2;40(30):513-6.
- McNulty B, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Jul;98(1):92-8.
- Cheong M, et al.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr.2016;25(1):62-70.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Pure Encapsulations folic acid is synthetically produced
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose