Folate 5,000 60's
Benefits & Features
- Provides the active form of folate, directly bioavailable without metabolic activation
- Provides cardiovascular, cellular and neural protection
- 5,000 mcg of activated folate per capsule
- Contains Metafolin® , the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate
- Made with high-quality, vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cardiovascular, cellular and neuronal support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Folate 5,000 provides 5,000 mcg of folate as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate. 1,2 Genetic variations affecting activation and metabolism of supplemental folic acid are highly prevalent.3 Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps catalyzed by DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) and MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase), 5-MTHF is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations in these enzymes.4 At the molecular level, the main function of folate is to donate methyl groups in key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues.5,6 In addition, folate promotes the production of healthy DNA.7
- Prinz-Langenohl R, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Dec; 158(8): 2014–2021.
- Lamers Y, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jul;84(1):156-61.
- Yang Q, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95(5):1245-1253.
- Seremak-Mrozikiewicz A. Ginekol Pol. 2013 Jul;84(7):641-6.
- Terry MB, et al. Epigenetics. 2011. 6(7); 828-37.
- Stanhewicz AE, et al. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015 Jul;129(2):159-67.
- Duthie SJ. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2011 Feb;34(1):101-9.
Use only under medical supervision. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Metafolin®, L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF) is synthetic
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose