Folate 5,000 Plus 60's
Benefits & Features
- Provides the active form of folate, directly bioavailable without metabolic activation
- Supports cellular and neuronal health
- Promotes healthy neurotransmitter function and positive mood
- 5,000 mcg of activated folate per capsule
- Combination of activated B vitamins
- Made with high-quality, vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Cellular, neuronal and positive mood support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal or as directed by a health professional.
Science & Research
Folate 5,000 Plus provides 5,000 mcg of folate as methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate, combined with activated vitamin B12 and B6.1,2 Genetic variations affecting activation and metabolism of supplemental folic acid arecommon.3 Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps catalyzed by DHFR (dihydrofolate reductase) and MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase), 5-MTHF is directly usable by the body and provides all of the benefits of folic acid regardless of functional or genetic variations in these enzymes.4 Activated B vitamins provide methyl groups to support healthy methylation, a key regulator of genetic expression and cellular function.5 Healthy methylation is vital for cellular health, hormone and neurotransmitter production, and energy metabolism. At the molecular level, the main function of folate is to donate methyl groups in key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues.6,7 In addition, folate promotes the production of healthy DNA.8 Research suggests that B vitamins help maintain healthy nervous system function. In a randomized controlled study, a combination of methylfolate, methycobalamin and pyridoxal-5-phosphate promoted healthy epidermal nerve fiber density and nerve comfort.9 Methyltetrahydrofolate and methylcobalamin may also support psychological health, including positive mood.10,11
- Prinz-Langenohl R, et al. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Dec; 158(8): 2014â€“2021.
- Lamers Y, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jul;84(1):156-61.
- Yang Q, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95(5):1245-1253.
- Seremak-Mrozikiewicz A. Ginekol Pol. 2013 Jul;84(7):641-6.
- Glier MB, et al. Mol Nutr Food Res 2014 Jan;58(1):172-82.
- Terry MB, et al. Epigenetics. 2011. 6(7); 828-37.
- Stanhewicz AE, et al. Clin Sci (Lond). 2015 Jul;129(2):159-67.
- Duthie SJ. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2011 Feb;34(1):101-9.
- Jacobs AM, et al. Rev Neurol Dis. 2011;8(1-2):39-47.
- Passeri M, et al. Aging (Milano). 1993 Feb;5(1):63-71.
- Cummings JL. CNS Spectr. 2010 Jan;15(1 Suppl 1):7.
Use only under medical supervision. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Metafolin®, L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF) and pyridoxal 5â€™ phosphate are synthetic
- Methylcobalamin is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose