EyeProtect Basics without zinc 60's
Benefits & Features
- Supports healthy vision and the integrity of the eye
- Helps maintain the health of the retina and macula
- Offers support for photo receptor health and color vision
- Contains clinically researched levels of these nutrients in optimally bioavailable forms
- Offered in versions with and without zinc
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Eye health and vision support
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily, with a meal.
Science & Research
EyeProtect Basics contains the key antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, copper, lutein and zeaxanthin to support healthy vision and the integrity of the eye.1 A large randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial involving 3,600 individuals indicates that these nutrients are critical to maintain the health of the retina and macula.2 EyeProtect Basics contains clinically researched levels of these nutrients in optimally bioavailable forms. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two major carotenoids stored in the macula, the central part of the retina. They support retinal health by promoting the integrity and density of the macular pigment, acting as antioxidants and light filters to protect the ocular tissue.3 Clinical trials indicate that the combination of lutein (10 mg/d) and zeaxanthin (2 mg/d) supports macular pigment density, color distinction capacity and recovery from light-induced stress.4,5 The formula is offered in versions with and without zinc.
- Beatty S, et al. Ophthalmology. 2013 Mar;120(3):600-6.
- Age-Related Eye Disease Study Research Group. Arch Ophthalmol. 2001 Oct; 119(10): 1417-436.
- Bovier ER, et al. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 24;9(9):e108178.
- Hammond BR, et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Dec 2;55(12):8583-9.
- Rodriguez-Carmona M, et al. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2006 Mar;26(2):137-47.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin C is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Vitamin E is derived from highly purified soybean oil
- The soy protein portion has been removed
- Zinc and copper are derived from elemental ore
- Citrate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation
- Lutein is derived from marigold flower extract
- Glycinate and zeaxanthin are synthetic
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose