Essential-C & flavonoids
Benefits & Features
- Promotes healthy immune system function
- Supports healthy vascular integrity
- Easy-to-absorb, enhanced-retention form of vitamin C
- Includes quercetin and rutin to synergistically complement vitamin C
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 9 and up
- Immune and vascular support
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
Ester-C® & flavonoids offers a blend of Ester-C® and flavonoid compounds to provide vitamin C support for healthy immune and cellular function as well as blood vessel integrity.1,2 Ester-C®, consisting primarily of calcium ascorbate, is a natural, non-acidic water-soluble form of vitamin C that is distinguished by its unique biological activity.3 In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial, Ester-C supplementation resulted in significantly higher white blood cell vitamin C concentrations compared to standard ascorbic acid at 8 hours and remained elevated at 24 hours.4 The bioflavonoids quercetin and rutin are free radical scavengers that complement the roles of vitamin C. Quercetin helps maintain healthy mast cell function and moderate healthy leukotriene and prostaglandin metabolism.5 Preclinical data show that rutin supports blood vessel integrity and healthy cell function.6,7‡
- Van Straten M, et al. Adv Ther. 2002 May-Jun;19(3):151-9.
- Fernandes PR, et al. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2011 Jun;96(6):490-7.
- Moyad MA et al. Adv Ther. 2008 Oct;25(10):995-1009.
- Mitmesser SH et al. SpringerPlus. 2016 5:1161.
- Nieman DC, et al. J Appl Physiol. 2007 Nov;103(5):1728-35.
- Chua LS. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013; 150: 805–817.
- Wang W, et al. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017 Feb;86:32-40.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Ester-C® is manufactured in a proprietary process from ascorbic acid sourced from corn dextrose fermentation, and U.S. mined elemental minerals
- Quercetin is derived from Fava d'anta tree (Dimorphandra mollis) or Japanese pagoda tree (Sophora Japonica) flower buds
- Rutin is derived from Japanese pagoda tree (Sophora Japonica)
Serving size 1 capsule
Servings per container 180, 90
Bottle count 180, 90
Order codes ECF21, ECF29