Benefits & Features
- Promotes broad-spectrum G.I. integrity support by targeting healthy modulation of mucosal immune responses
- Supports microbiome environment, mucosal protection, and epithelial cell health
- Provides 2.4 g L-glutamine and 2.4 g arabinogalactan per serving
- Formulated with Samuel F. Yanuck, D.C, FACFN, FIAMA+
- Great-tasting, natural strawberry lemonade-flavored powder
- Part of the PureResponse™ product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- G.I. comfort and integrity support
- Immune system support
1 scoop, 1-2 times daily. Add 1 serving to 8 oz of water or juice. Shake or stir until dissolved.
Science & Research
Epi-Integrity powder combines glutamine, prebiotic fiberand herbal extracts to promote healthy modulation of mucosal immune response to support gastrointestinal (G.I.) integrity and function. Th2 modulation may be indicated when addressing immune balance in the G.I. tract. L-glutamine is an essential fuel for enterocytes (the cells that line the small intestine and colon), supporting cellular renewal, glutathione production and healthy, everyday tissue repair, while promoting healthy villous function.1 Arabinogalactan is a prebiotic fiber found in high concentrations in North American larch trees. It has been shown to increase the concentration of beneficial bacteria, such as Bacteroidetes and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii.2 Beneficial microflora are crucial for proper gut associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) function and development. Research suggests higher levels of F. prausnitzii are associated with healthy cytokine balance and G.I. function. In clinical trials, arabinogalactan has been shown to promote immune cell function.3
In a randomized three-week trial involving healthy adults, arabinogalactan potentiated the innate immune system, supporting key first-line defenses.4 Perilla supports cytokine homeostasis of the G.I. mucosal tissue. In a randomized, controlled trial involving 50 individuals, 150mg of Benegut® Perilla frutescens extract twice daily offered statistically significant support for G.I. comfort.5
Research suggests that perilla also helps maintain cytokine balance and stabilize mast cells.6 Astragalus promotes cytokine balance and supports macrophage, natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell activity. Adaptogens like astragalus support physiological and cellular homeostasis and have positive effects on immune function and antioxidant defenses.7 Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) maintains intestinal comfort by supporting the protective mucosal lining.8
- Pugh JN, et al. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017 Dec;117(12):2569-2577.
- Riede L, et. al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2013 Mar;29(3):251-8.
- Robinson RR, et. al. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001 Aug;20(4):279-85.
- Causey J. Dept of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota; St. Paul, MN: 1999. Unpublished.
- Buchwald-Werner S, et. al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014 May 27;14:173.
- Takano H, et. al. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2004 Mar;229(3):247-54.
- Duan P, et. al. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2002 Jul;22(7):515-7.
- Morgan A, et. al. Gut 1985;26:599'602.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Arabinogalactan is sourced from North American larch tree extract.
- L-Glutamine (free form) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation.
- Benegut® perilla extract is derived from Perilla frutescens L. leaf.
- Astragalus extract is derived from Astragalus membranaceus root.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice extract is derived from Glycyrrhiza glabra root
- Citric acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation.
- Natural strawberry and lemonade flavors are derived from strawberry and lemon juice concentrates.
+Our medical advisors are retained consultants for Pure Encapsulations®.